shima's build thread

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
Well as many of you know (maybe) i have had the car for nearly a year now. This is my first build thread so be nice :)

I got into the mk3 supra ever since watching freeway speedway years ago and just wanted one ever since but insurance was a killer so couldnt afford it. thus me getting a honda prelude. after that died i thought well i'm 20 i may as well go for the supra

found a perfect turbo going for £830 with 120k on the clock only problem was a small scratch on the left side rear quarter.

traveled 500 miles to pick the car up this is when i got her back home.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

a good wash never hurt

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And as usual with supra's the day came

sm_photo_missing.jpg

oh dear time to strip her down.

got myself a hks mhg and some arp hardware

and started to get the engine striped

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and another problem i find is this nice thing

sm_photo_missing.jpg

i start to believe the car is going to need a lot of money spent on it to get it running again. so now she's completely off the road untill finnished but getting there.

so i go out and get her a nice T4 turbo not a big one just enough to keep me happy on stock internals.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

so after a long time the engine is finally back together (horay or maybe not)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

after having her run for a while i intalled a blitz dsbc boost controller and new double din head unit and just for the hell of it a blitz power meter i.d

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

i'm really enjoying building this car up bit by bit and now i'm tackling the suspension

so recently i'v taken my shocks off on the front and installed new kyb shocks and spax springs

removing the shocks

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

new front shocks and springs installed woop

sm_photo_missing.jpg

got the rear shocks off and my friend is installing the springs on the new rear kyb's

in the meantime i got a bit bored and decided my car was in need of a good clean underneath

so i got started on sanding everything down under there and sorting it all out ready for paint

this is before the paint

sm_photo_missing.jpg

my gf painting the brake calipers muahahahaha

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and the finished car after 2 days of work

sm_photo_missing.jpg

i have some mkiv TT rims to go on when i can afford tyres i'v ran out of money at the moment

heres a pic of what there like

sm_photo_missing.jpg

so thats as far as i'v got so far

in the next few days the rears are goin back on and going to get the front up and paint the calipers and clean all under there so expect some updates soon.

then i'll start on the engine again and hopefully have a lex afm and some 550cc injectors T4 exhaust mani, external wastegate, new ic, new ic piping new bov etc etc all coming soon :)

(first post over hope its not to long and anoying)

Last edited:

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
spax drop the car 35mm which isnt bad. yea splitter is funky got nice little brake duct slots to help cool the brakes :) standard i believe

but thanks hopefully update some soon muahaha

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
Well i finally got my back shocks and springs back after waiting a week (bah)

i have been installing these and what a pain in the ass they were to get back in. but there all nice and in now and shiny..

lots of red haha

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

35mm drop looks well i think :)

While i was waiting for my shocks a nice deal came up that i thought i should take full advantage of a lex afm i was so happy since my afm took a turn for the worst.

so ordered that but when it came i had a very unpleasent supprise.

it was infact from a LS400 just the wrong year.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

so trying to sell this on ebay prob won't get anywhere near what i paid for it. but i'll be happy as long as i get something back for it.

then i think i'll just order one from your side of the sea and get it shipped

any good links or places to get a full lex afm?

if i'm paying the money i want a buyer that i can trust won't screw me over like the last one.

since i had my code 51 i decided to take the throttle body off and give it a good clean and calibrate the tps fun days. another pain in the ass is the damn coolent pipe under the throttle body. i hate that thing now.

haha

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and breath

So tomorrow if its nice i plan on putting the throtle body back on and all the ic pipes after re calibrating the TPS and i'll prob check the plugs arnt drowned with fuel as i suspect.

if all goes well hopefully the car will idle then i just have to wait for the new AFM and hopefully some new injectors if i can find any...

well thats all so far hopefully have something a little more interesting soon.

Last edited:

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
haha, I saw a set of those mazda rims for sale and actually thought about buying them and removing the logo. :)

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
miekedmr;988909 said:
haha, I saw a set of those mazda rims for sale and actually thought about buying them and removing the logo. :)

hehe yea man need spacers but they look alright. i'v just sold mine to a member on mkiii supra (uk site) and he seems happy.

i'v got some more updates to add when i get home from work.

muahaha

i'v removed the rear seats and re carpeted the back and installed the boost controller in the dash properly. and a few little bits :naughty:

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
took me a day but heres the pics i said i had. i dont have the updated dash pic at the min but these are the back seats out and the engine back together yay. and a small vid of the car running again not doing anything really.

Removed the back seats:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

engine all back together and running happy with help from my friend :D :

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And after all that hard work i had to wash the car so washed and took some pics :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Oh yes i can pose haha orrrr maybe not :nono:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

So yea still got tons to do but i gotta wait till the end of the month before i can do anything as funds are lacking.

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
well as i said i got paid. unfortunatly the money that came in went straight back out as it does haha. (i promise i'll pay for the site soon just had some major arguments with the bank)

but yea here is the updates as you can see i got a dv-26 (is it natural for it to flutter?)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

also a very nice user on the uk forum has swapped his old blades and some money for my rx-8 wheels. this is a good thing as it gets me through my mot while i refurb the mkiv TT wheels

sm_photo_missing.jpg

naturally there ugly but i got a little creative with some left over paint and laqure

sm_photo_missing.jpg

also here is the pic of the interior i promised :D

sm_photo_missing.jpg

little slow but if the money goes right next month i should be ordering some more stuff and finally start to get her mot'd etc :)

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
So not many updates this time due to the run around dying and buying a new car *DOH*

but i managed to order some bucket seats which should be arriving shortly :)

Also i got some new Front KYB shocks woop woop

and i got a set of JDM tail lights. *cough* a few things wrong here.

i noticed they came with no boot locking and also strangest of all NO electronics i am not a happy bunny as the euro ones don't fit. so i'm trying to get the seller to send me them *long shot i know* but it wasnt stated that it didnt come with them. just that it was a conversion.

anyway i got them installed just to see how they look (car aint goin no where yet)

and i notice another thing weird. Colour seem right to you?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Think it looks ok with the multi colour? i don't know what to do as i got them of the bay.

*sigh*

I'll let you guys decide if its a yay or a nay

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
Definitely NOT on the tails. If you do decide to keep them I would recommend trying to smoke the center lense to match the others. If that doesn't work just paint it black to match the car.

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
already e-mailed the seller saying i want th jdm centre plate surround and not the usdm also asked for the bulb holders. i am still waiting for a reply.

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
just had an e-mail back saying they will send me the correct bulb holder and plate surround woop woop :)

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
ilikebigbutts;1072941 said:
black supra dropped=sex

does the sun ever shine there?

hehe i like the whole turbo A look :p but the sun does shine maybe once a year :icon_evil

i live in the middle of a vally full of lakes really not good for weather.

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
woooo bucket seats are in the store going to pick them up on the weekend :D got 2 of these set me back £460 which isnt to bad really

carr1.jpg

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
Well i got the seats and my lights :)

heres the pic of the seats just resting in. (i'v not bolted them in just yet)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And the lights with the correct plate surround :) (also fitting the new front shocks muaha)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

still got a long way to go but she's getting there :)