Shim Bucket Help

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Ok, I am currently doing a 2JZ-NAT project. I just torqued the head down with arps to 80ft/lbs. I put all of the shim buckets back in from where they came except for 2. These two can be tapped in but will not move freely like the other ones. Also one kind of sticks and will not move up or down. Just to troubleshoot I tried to swap buckets into one that was giving me trouble and they would not fit easily either. Does anyone know what is wrong? I wonder if my head is warped from too much torque on the head? Any help would be great.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
I will check. I took it to the machine shop for them to put the valve springs and retainers back on and I wonder if the were a little rough on it. If there is any burrs on the head what would be the best way to get them off? The buckets that are left will fit into other spots, so it would probably be the head.

Last edited:

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
I think you are right about the burrs. I took some 1000 grit wet/dry and rolled it up and sanded and the buckets move freely now. Thanks a bunch for the help

Last edited:

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Sorry, I did a post edit. I took some 1000 grit wet/dry and rolled it up and sanded and the buckets move freely now. Do you think this is OK?