Shifter bushings

Max Vador

Apr 25, 2010
chicago
I can find them anywhere and my shifter is starting to sway like a boner. Know where I can pick one up? And if there's any difference in brands/hardness?

Max Vador

Apr 25, 2010
chicago
Much appreciated. I might just pick up the crawler. He has one for 81+ and w58. Should I just get the w58 bushing?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
N/A with a W58? Might want to inspect inside the tranny as there is another bushing in there that can be damage when the main cup bushing ont he end of the shifter wears out. Someone makes a bronze version of it to repair it (I want to say his name is BillyM, but not sure).

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
The Billy M. kit comes with the bronze bushing replacement, and both MarlinCrawler bushings. If you have a w58, get that kit.

Max Vador

Apr 25, 2010
chicago
Thanks. I'll try contacting raptor today. Also I had the dust boot off for a while today and I noticed that after a bit of driving it starting getting warm near the base of the shifter shaft. Is this from the vibration of that bad bushing or maybe just transferred heat from the tranny? Or bigger problems?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Heat transfer from the transmission and possibly a slight exhaust leak from the mid pipe between the header and cat. It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case

BillyM

MK2 + 7M = FUN
Mar 3, 2006
Greenville, SC
Afternoon guys, someone pointed me this way to clear up some confusion.

misconception1 said:
You should get my kit and the Marlin Crawler bushings.
Moy, shaeff is right on the money. My kit INCLUDES the Marlin Crawler bushings! Why mess with perfection?
I simply package them up with my bronze socket repair bushing to offer you a one-stop shop for w58 shifter bushing bliss.

misconception2 said:
How to order the bushing kits.
There are two locations to get the billyM shift bushing set.
1: You live outside the USA, or inside the USA and buying multiple items from RaptorRacing (package deal type stuff), you can buy from him.
2: You live in the USA and are not buying other things from RaptorRacing, you buy from me (read thread, paypal when ready, they ship out in 1 business day).

misconception3 said:
He's not active on here, he must not sell them anymore.
...you know how life is, one forum for your car, one for your motorcycle, one for your jetski, one for etc...
...anyhow, I don't browse here daily, but so long as the for-sale thread remains, they are in stock and ready to rock.
(I get email updates on all PM's and replies to my main bushing thread, so any questions are answered immediately.)

Take care all,
--billyM