Sheedy Built Supra

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Turbo is rebuilt and so far doing well! I also got my intake pipe powder coated to match my valve covers. I plan on purchasing an aem sock pre filter soon as it is very very dusty where I live

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Glad it's an inspiration.
I will be taking the turbo apart once again for an upgraded water cooled center section. May not be needed but I need a new center section anyway. The rear piston ring seal seat is pretty scored from sometime in its life

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Center section came in.
I also went with a stepped rear piston seal since a new one was needed.

I had solid mounts installed when I installed the engine into the red shell but they just vibrate the entire car. I bought some used oem mounts and put them I this afternoon. Hopefully it's a much nicer ride.

Mirror has also been repaired and painted, there were quite a few cracks on the housing where it mounts.
I was racing a fast 300zx a buddy of mine had but once we took off I wasn't able to shift into third, or back into any gear for some reason. It would go into gear when the car was off or if I got pushed down the road enough to Rev match the gears until I got home. I'm almost positive the transmission is ok.

Got it home and looked at the master cylinder and it was clogged with a bunch of black paste. Time to rebuild that as well.

I put 3 coats on the exhaust housing, center section, and drain fitting with header paint with ceramic. I know it will eventually bake off but will prevent rust. Hopefully.

turbogeek87

turbogeek87
Mar 29, 2006
Juneau, AK
petroleum in the clutch master?

sheedy126;1892850 said:
well, ill start off with when i bought this car, i didnt know too much about it and what i was getting into but has been a great experience for me.

i started off looking for a cheap car with good gas mileage on craigslist when i stumbled upon a car i couldn't go without.
it looked like a nice 2door sports car that had some motor to back it up.

two days later, in april this year, i went to Cheney to pick up this awesome car.
a few things i had to fix before i drove it were the brakes, which were locked and filled with petroleum (said the guy i bought it from), and a clutch. i threw in an Aisin HD r154 clutch.

i drove the car to work maybe 3 times when i came home one day getting on it a little. tons of white smoke everywhere and had no power. there goes the HG :icon_evil

so let the building begin, thanks to my dad and CajunKenny for helping me along the way
i now have the motor rebuilt and installed in the car, but ill post some pictures on the way it got there.

between my toyota crawler and supra, they both keep me really busy
p2063399_1.jpg

heres how i got the car from a kid in Cheney
p2063399_2.jpg

p2063399_3.jpg

pulling the motor/tearing it down
p2063399_4.jpg

p2063399_5.jpg

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
I'm not sure, I used dot 3 when I installed the new engine since a new slave cylinder was put in. The master as far as I can tell is original and has aisin markings on the side

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Clutch master cylinder is painted and rebuilt. It was 30-40mph winds today and the package left by FedEx was at the corner of my property stuck of the fence. Glad it didn't blow away.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Installed an hks turbo timer that what given to me. Oddly enough my car was already pre wired for it, just no turbo timer. I installed it in place of the tems buttons,it turned out pretty good

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
this week has been full of good deals..
i picked up a set of
Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors, walbro 400 fuel pump, Borg Warner S366 turbo, 2 new cooper tires for the front, piping for downpipe, feed+return fittings, and a custom wiring harness will be made from panic wire.

in the works also....my cousing gave me a chevy TH400 transmission, so i may decide to adapt that to the 7m in the future...

all this should keep me busy for the next couple months and may see some parts in the for sale section!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
I could have pushed the holset more but since I'm going to get retuned soon for bigger injectors and fuel pump, I figure I'd just buy everything I wanted so I don't have to get tuned a third time after I upgraded my turbo

I've got a steady flow of parts coming in. 3" stainless u bend for downpipe. Fuel pump, an adapters, 4 1/2" t4 flanges, fuel pump install kit, wideband bung, silicone coupler.

Rest of the parts should be here by Wednesday... Can't wait.

I also figured out my clutch issue for the most part. Brand new master, slave, and dm stainless clutch line with proper bleeding my clutch doesn't disengage.
I can visibly see the clutch come off the flywheel when the clutch pedal is pressed but does not go into gear while running. I can start the car in gear and Rev match so I know the transmission is good.
I'm pretty sure I stacked the clutch disk, or broke it in some way.
I've been very abusive for the 2 years or so I had the clutch so I'm not surprised it failed.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
kakanator;2065190 said:
mmhh the drain fitting makes me moist.
It sure is a nice piece!

More parts showed up, just about ready to install the new clutch disk and oil pump. I scored a new Finanza flywheel, with very slight surface rust from a finger print when handling for a very good price. It's in perfect shape minus the finger print.

I also got a nice driftmotion modified oil pump. The oil pump is one of the only things I didn't replace when I did by rebuild about 4 years ago. It was within spec, just didn't replace it... To pair with it, I went with the Arizona performance oil crossover pipe and all new oil squirters.

It's a pita to pull the oil pan, so I want to replace anything that might have the slightest chance of going out while I'm I there

andrew_mx83

Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
sheedy126;2065609 said:
It's a pita to pull the oil pan, so I want to replace anything that might have the slightest chance of going out while I'm I there

Id roll a new set of shells in then, big ends at least
For $100-200 why not, how many miles in that 4 years?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
There's about 15k miles so far. Not sure exactly the mileage on the clutch but it is probably about half that or more

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Transmission is out, but not back in yet. I'll probably install it back this coming weekend. The obx 3" muffler I went with is very very quiet. I love it. It's mildly loud at higher rpms but I've started to like quieter more and more.

I've got the muffler tucked as tight to the body as I can, this thing is huge!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Transmission is back in and driving great. The thing I love about the Finanza flywheel is quicker reving but the chattering is horrible when just taking off.
Hoping this setup will last me another 2-3 years but we'll find out. I drive it a lot less than I used to since I picked up a cheap Accord for work

My girlfriend got me some badass supra embroided flow mats that fit great along with a new aem 4x7 dryflow. The air filter was much needed. Yep, she's a keeper