She will be down for a while :(

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
Sadly , My recent buy , a beautiful 88 t targa , Has been diagnosed with .....
engrodknockis... Its a sad diesease which is destin to happen if you dont take good care of your bottom end . 7mgte
The recrent problems wont get me down & depressed though . As I bought it with 2xx,xxx miles +
It will just make me even more determined to get off my Lazy butt , Get a better JOB ...& start a build thread ...
John B

Ps...
Anyone have a good 7mgte bottom end in the gulf coast area ,Louisanna, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida... That they would let go of cheap?

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Man John,that sucks.That's the white one right?CPS took care of the other problems you were having?Oh well,time to make it a beast.

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
Oh well,time to make it a beast

Toy fanitic78 That Pic is Sooooooo Pimp ... Makes me want a cressida..
& Yes It was the Cps ... Atleast Its 1OO % ready for a build ... & no electrical issues ...
Whoever had it before me must of ran it kinda hard ...
I have another 9O supra t , HT that needs a build also ... Its gonna be a stock build then a sell to someone who will love it for ever ... A build + paint & she would be cherry .

Thx Suprarx7nut ...
I will have fun & do things the right way ... I love this car ... & wont let it stay down for too long .... But it still sux .

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
WhtMa71;1237336 said:
That sucks. Im glad you are fixing it though. Good luck and don't get discouraged!

Just a small bump ... Really glad kinda ... It gives me a reason to Build it better & stronger .
I dont think Id ever sell this supra . Or my gray 1 ... I have 2 others I will sell though .... Burgandy .....hardtops :3d_frown:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
That sucks John! I just sold my BHG motor last week. Now I have a brand new stage 3 clutch on the way:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:. If it weren't for the BHG motor and a little ebay, I'd be looking for another cheap way out on my clutch right now.

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
ForcedTorque;1237751 said:
That sucks John! I just sold my BHG motor last week. Now I have a brand new stage 3 clutch on the way:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:. If it weren't for the BHG motor and a little ebay, I'd be looking for another cheap way out on my clutch right now.

I still have the 91 t bottom end with 155,xxx on it ... But who knows how long that would last , So I just may do a bottom end re-build , Or, A full rebuild ...
I just replaced the HG with a hks MHG & know she runs really strong

But yes , It does suck , I was so looking forward to driving her to the meet this sunday .... I may just drive my ole' beater N/A 5 speed instead
It needs paint so bad .... & makes your Supra look pretty :sarcasm:
But I would have to pass on the agressive driving ..

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
easternguy2005;1239259 said:
Sorry to hear dude. The crank is harder than all hell on these. Check out the redneck bearing replacement - worked for me.

Funny , But I have read that thread way before I ever threw the rod .
Im gonna be doing a bottom end build on my bros supra also ...
I can have the engine out in a matter of 2-4 hours ...
This will be my 4th one Ive taken out ... Gettin to the crank is cake on a stand :icon_bigg

Also while the engine is out I will be cleaning up the engine bay & replacing all those hard to get to hoses & seals .

I still have 2 other supras I can drive , But either compare to the fun I have in the White 88 targa turbo ... I have always wanted A white supra
They just look so good .:naughty: