sharing my door setup

dmvirus

Feb 14, 2007
cebu, philippines
had a hard time fitting speakers with not to huge magnets so they wouldnt touch the metal.
p1552023_1.jpg

dont have pics of my subs though.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Speaker covers are rare? Since when? I have two sitting in my car right now! :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
AHHH! I hadn't even noticed that, I figured they were 86-90's...

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Kind of a waste of a 3-way setup if you ask me. The soundstage is going to be pretty much behind you. With you and a passenger in the car, I'm not sure how much sound is going to get past the seat bolsters and the occupants. Those waves are going to be bouncing all over the place. Not to mention your door panel is going to rattle around like crazy if you plan on throwing any bass through that setup. You'd be better off utiizing that 6 1/2 space up front and installing a decent set of 2-way components. Better imaging and increased low-end from the midrange drive due to the increased air space.

dmvirus

Feb 14, 2007
cebu, philippines
well actually this is intended for playing with open doors. nobody would imagine a supra joining a competition for clarity.lol all the speakers are adjusted without bass. thats what the two jl 12s are for=)
i have a pair of pioneer 2way 6ers in the stock area which i use when im driving.

and the speaker covers were painted when i bought it.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
Sorry but this is one of the worst 3 way front stages I have ever seen. I needed to say this in order to discourage others from doing the same. The location of the speakers is terrible.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
dmvirus;1559420 said:
all preference mate. they are crown speakers. low end cheap ones but i proved that they can equal the quality of other brands.

With the way you have those speakers installed. It wouldn't matter what brand drivers you were using. They'd all sound equally terrible.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Speak for yourself! I used to compete in the IASCA 50-250 watt circuit with my 87 poop....setup was as follows n I wasa rookie....

Image Dynamics CD-1e with CD1x
MB Quartz 6.5 custom mounted in kick panels
PG M-50 powering them (made in the USA)
PG EQ-15x (not 30 here as it actually was not needed with the horns)
Custom sub enclosure with 2 x 10" Orion (forgot the model but made in he US back then).
PG M-100 powering sub (made in the USA)

Alpine HU that had 3 disc changer built into it.
and a PG PLD-1 (made in the USA) to feed the EQ-5x

Nippon-teku

Aug 9, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Who cares if it looks like ass!? The man likes it and placed in his car, its not our place to ridicule him about the looks of his sh*t. Thats F*@cked up how some one the members on here can be. The title of the thread is "sharing my door setup" not hey...! boast about what I used to have or what i can get. But anyway, goodluck on your endeavors dmvirus.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
figgie;1561743 said:
Speak for yourself! I used to compete in the IASCA 50-250 watt circuit with my 87 poop....setup was as follows n I wasa rookie....

Image Dynamics CD-1e with CD1x
MB Quartz 6.5 custom mounted in kick panels
PG M-50 powering them (made in the USA)
PG EQ-15x (not 30 here as it actually was not needed with the horns)
Custom sub enclosure with 2 x 10" Orion (forgot the model but made in he US back then).
PG M-100 powering sub (made in the USA)

Alpine HU that had 3 disc changer built into it.
and a PG PLD-1 (made in the USA) to feed the EQ-5x

Now that sounds like a quality setup. I love old school stuff. Were the horns fiberglassed under the dash? Got any pics of that setup figgie? You can just PM them to me if you don't want to clutter this thread.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Mark

big negative man. I sold all the audio equipment a while back (4+ years). Only thing remaining is the Eclipse HU which is a drop in no thanks in part that it is made by Fujitsu ten. ;)

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
That's why I went with Eclipse for the Supe and the Celica. Plug and play baby!

Sucks the flip mechanism of the 5505 gets jammed in the Supra. Retrimming the bezel is one of the last things on my list. Gotta love the 5V outs tho :) :) :)