severe oil leak

Zer0Suvivers

Apr 25, 2009
California
1st i have a 1990 supra turbo 5spd..

Problem.. its leaking oil severly. and getting on the timing belt and spraying everywhere. but not the back of the engine. and my oil pressure guage doesnt work. umm... causing my turbo so suck in oil through the filter.. where do you think the leak could be coming from. i havent had time to look because i litterally just got the car. otherwise it runs like a champ. no issues idling at all.

where would you say i look first?? or should i say whats the most probable place oil could be leaking out of. i got the car in reno. and it took.. almost 20 quarts to get to grass valley. its like a 2 hr drive. approx.. oil is everywhere.

Please help. im worried it could be catostrophic

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Uhm.. I really wouldn't know of a area that the turbo is sucking it in from?

I was sort of thinking Cams seals, valve covers seals, and maybe your CPS O-ring is shot.

Zer0Suvivers

Apr 25, 2009
California
92TealSupra;1382340 said:
Uhm.. I really wouldn't know of a area that the turbo is sucking it in from?

I was sort of thinking Cams seals, valve covers seals, and maybe your CPS O-ring is shot.

its just getting what the air filter soaks up. but i will check the cps tomarrow. it was badd though. the whole engine for the most part is Drenched in oil. baddd. but yeah i will definately check that out.

thanx alot

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
From your description, your engine is pretty much covered. I suggest cleaning your engine and then find the leak via leak detector(you put a solution that you can see with a black light). If no work is done yet on the engine:
Check valve cover gaskets, third valve cover gasket(the one in the center), CPS O-Ring. Check your accordion hose for cracks that oil can seep into the turbo.

Zer0Suvivers

Apr 25, 2009
California
reydio;1382355 said:
From your description, your engine is pretty much covered. I suggest cleaning your engine and then find the leak via leak detector(you put a solution that you can see with a black light). If no work is done yet on the engine:
Check valve cover gaskets, third valve cover gasket(the one in the center), CPS O-Ring. Check your accordion hose for cracks that oil can seep into the turbo.

ok well i know its not the accordian hose lol. the oil the turbo it eating is from all the oil that has been splashed around. soaking the air filter and into the turbo. the filter was red. now its brown from oil. but yeah i think it could be the cps o ring. so i will check that.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
20 quarts ?!?!?!?
Is your oil filter installed properly?

Valve cover seals
Cam seals
Rear timing cover to block seal
Oil pump driveshaft seal
Head gasket
Front main seal
Rear main seal
Block oil rail plug front and rear
Oil pan seal
CPS
dipstick
turbo feed/drain
oil cooler
oil filter housing to block

Zer0Suvivers

Apr 25, 2009
California
well i did some work on it today. but well the batterys dead so i cant check anything. but i put a new o ring in the cps sensor. when i pulled it out it came right out. no effort. so i changed the o ring. and now it take some pressure just to get it in. but its sealed. also fixed some of the wiring. it was torn and really oily. so i rewrapped some of it. and fixed a few connectors. the connectors to the cps were spliced in with some clips. so i cut a plug off my doner car. and spliced it in and it has a connector.

i cleaned the whole engine as best i could. theres alot of road grime... reconnected the oil pressure sending unit. it was busted.

when i was cranking it. after i figured the battery was dead i went and looked around. and i noticed somewhere around the oil cooler is leaking. it was dripping quickly... so for now i just put some cardboard under the car. until i can find another oil cooler or buy an aftermarket one. and replace the hoses.. but no leaking from the cps.. but the car wasnt running either. but oh well. mbbe another day

Zer0Suvivers

Apr 25, 2009
California
I fixed the oil leak. it was the front main seal. and since i was there i changed the oil seal too. but yeah. cars still not running..