SevenMKIII's First Build!

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
3" u-bends came in the other day (thanks Disced!) and yesterday my NGK plugs and wires came in! Along with two more 3" couplers and t-clamps, and my super red hose techniques kit. Everything looks great. I got the motor "in my car, sitting on one motor mount. I can not get it on the other for the life of me! It's like they need to be pryed outward while lowering the motor onto them. And trying to align the driveshaft at the same time is hard when your friend doesn't know much about how to do anything on cars lol. Slowly but surely getting things done...

-Chris

SevenMKIII

Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
I guess I've skipped a few steps here. Engine is almost ready to run. I decided to remove the entire A/C system after remembering in the past 2 years I've used it maybe twice between all my cars.

All of the gauges are finally wired up, but I may be getting 3 more tomorrow: oil pressure (mech.), water temp and voltage. Routed wiring for HKS EVC II and VPC. Completed most of the intercooler pipe plumbing, issues with the compresser coupler. I ordered a 90* instead of a 45* so I had to order a new one and I'm returning the old one and losing money, fun. The wiring harness is in but I am unsure as to what all I need to connect to the water neck, a ton of sensors but not many plugs. 12"x9" oil cooler is "zip tied" to radiator using their little kit thing with oil safe hoses to the motor. Anyone know the threads on the four tiny bolts that connect the trans crossmember to the trans mount? They're tiny, and in the winter when I was disassembling everything each one snapped. Ordered Red Line MT90 for the transmission, a K&N filter and Royal Purple 10w-30 along with 4 more filters and 20 quarts of dino oil for break-in. I've read thread after thread of the debate on whether or not retorque is required with head studs. Is it? When assembling the motor I torqued them to 15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, and 82 ft/lbs 5 times in the correct sequence because I was told that is how to "prestretch" the studs, like the bolts. Anyway, I have actually never driven a Supra, and I hope this is as quick as (shoot me now) my decently modded Z28. I've done my homework, spent literally hundreds of hours memorizing this forum, problems everyones had or mistakes that people did and have corrected them in my build. Called various companies inquiring on how this or that is done, ordered as many new things as budgetly possible and cleaned, cleaned, CLEANED. I'm a perfectionist so putting this together has been like caring for a baby. Sorry for the long post but I had some catching up to do. Pics to follow shortly, check out my parts for sale thread, I added a TON of stuff.

-Chris

SevenMKIII

Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
Few pictures if anyone is still watchin this...I haven't been the best at updating it. The motor is running now, but at 400 rpm. TPS issue? Wired other two gauges, in the middle of the auto fan relay, yea everything works now but I need the stupid throttle linkage piece that I can not find anywhere!

p635804_1.jpg

Here she is in the car
p635804_2.jpg

p635804_3.jpg

A loooonnngg 6 months ago...
p635804_4.jpg

-Chris

zm_br

spool me
Oct 30, 2005
Naperville, IL
www.cardomain.com
hey chris

your build is looking pretty good. how's it running now, 2 months later?

i'll admit, i'm not on supramania that often.
my supra has been put on the backburner for a while, and most of my time is spent on SFOT when on any supra site. The car needs some work done, and I drive it every now and then to get the fluids circulating.

I just did a search for peoria to see if anyone was around here on the site. i'm in peoria heights now and my supra is out at my parents' house.

good to see another MKIII enthusiast from central IL.