setup is done. aiming for 450hp using a safc . bcc needed for my tune?

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
Ok boys and girls I pretty much got everything setup for my tune. which hopefully will be happening within the next month or so. I've been in touch with Lawrence and he told me i "MIGHT" be needing a bcc since i'm aiming for 15-18 psi on 91 pump. but then again he doesn't like to go over 15 psi on 91 octane.. he told me i might be hitting boost cut... i'm aiming for 450hp . 400 to the wheels at least. but he said i might be running out of fuel with the 550cc. (even though i have been reading on some forums/google people making 500hp with this setup.) he said more like 380 to the wheels.. so my Question is will i be needing a boost cut controller to hit 18psi? i know that the safc raises the boost cut since ill be detuning but then once i start adding it will be a different story.... anyone else with a similar setup here would like to chime in.. thanks in advance.. heres my setup

Lexus SC300 (auto)

-1jzgte stock top & bottom
-ss autochrome manifold
-New HX35
-550cc injectors
-Aeromotive stealth 340 fuel pump
-driftmotion down pipe
-driftmotion 44mm wastegate
-Aem water/meth injection
-Aem wideband
-apexi SAFC
-autometer boost gauge
-greddy speed cut controller
-FMIC (3' pipes)
-4'inch exhaust -21/4 duals mufflers
-greddy bov

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Are you running stock twins .?.. the cams may limit you if their stock.. but your fuel should be fine. I made 413 with a sfac and 440s. You will not need a bcc. I make 23psi with no cut. But I do not think the stock twins will get you their. Post up your dyno after tune..

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
I figured he would be ... your calculator says 580 minimum for 450whp. and he did recomend me going with some 720cc minimum, but i would have to change my fuel rail and all .. so thats another 1k on fuel system that i dont have or want to spend right now.. :/

V8KILR

Dec 22, 2012
Auckland
scmaluco;1902938 said:
I figured he would be ... your calculator says 780 minimum for 450whp. and he did recomend me going with some 720cc minimum, but i would have to change my fuel rail and all .. so thats another 1k on fuel system that i dont have or want to spend right now.. :/

You forgot to change the rwkw to rwhp. :)

Make sure you change the dyno to dynojet as well.

V8KILR

Dec 22, 2012
Auckland
My injector calculator says 450rwhp (dynojet) would be about 85% duty cycle which is fine. As the OP is only after 400whp (about 75%), the 550cc will be fine for him.

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
525gte;1902936 said:
Are you running stock twins .?.. the cams may limit you if their stock.. but your fuel should be fine. I made 413 with a sfac and 440s. You will not need a bcc. I make 23psi with no cut. But I do not think the stock twins will get you their. Post up your dyno after tune..

read the my mods on the top page.. single hx35

V8KILR;1902939 said:
You forgot to change the rwkw to rwhp. :)

Make sure you change the dyno to dynojet as well.

hahahaha i went back and changed it. lol thanks..

I would hate to get to the day of the tune and find out i cant boost anything past 15 bc of the damn boost cut lol.. thanks for the quick response guys.. im hoping to get the most out of the injectors.. its my daly driver for now. but i'm working on another project which will become my daily so the lex can sit now and then...

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
V8KILR;1902944 said:
My injector calculator says 450rwhp (dynojet) would be about 85% duty cycle which is fine. As the OP is only after 400whp (about 75%), the 550cc will be fine for him.

I actually played around with your calculator based on those values, but decided that a rough estimate with a bit more safety was best even so.. either way, he'll be fine.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
it all depends on your SAFC II settings. If you are having to add fuel at 15 psi, then you will hit fuel cut for sure. If you are pulling enough fuel to trick the ecu into thinking it is receiving less boost than the limit that triggers fuel cut then you will not need a BCC.

I have similar plans, 550s, MKIV pump, and SAFC II. However I invested in an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator so if I hit fuel cut I can crank up the fuel pressure, and hopefully take some fuel out with my SAFC and run just under fuel cut.

Lawerence is the best hands down. dude has heps of experience knowledge, and is very humble. definitely the best guy to be working with in the bay.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
scottiedawg66;1903072 said:
it all depends on your SAFC II settings. If you are having to add fuel at 15 psi, then you will hit fuel cut for sure. If you are pulling enough fuel to trick the ecu into thinking it is receiving less boost than the limit that triggers fuel cut then you will not need a BCC.

I have similar plans, 550s, MKIV pump, and SAFC II. However I invested in an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator so if I hit fuel cut I can crank up the fuel pressure, and hopefully take some fuel out with my SAFC and run just under fuel cut.

Lawerence is the best hands down. dude has heps of experience knowledge, and is very humble. definitely the best guy to be working with in the bay.
. And just run the stock fpr and it makes the car pretty rich with the 440s. I pull like 17-19 percent at wot from 4k to red line. And I also had to pull fuel at idle with cams to make it notidle rich

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
scottiedawg66;1903072 said:

Good to know.. hopefully I get to run 18psi without hitting fuel cut And still make some decent power. And yes I hear nothing but good things about Lawrence. From talking to him he sounded very knowledgeable and humble yes in deed.. if I can get a safc2 by then i want another map with race gas but for now I guess 15 will have to do unless he can tune me at 18 or so without maxin the injectors..

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
525gte;1903135 said:
. And just run the stock fpr and it makes the car pretty rich with the 440s. I pull like 17-19 percent at wot from 4k to red line. And I also had to pull fuel at idle with cams to make it notidle rich

Some good advice here. I have not been able to tune my set up yet above 4000 rpm. Sounds like I might be using the afpr to provide less fuel rather than more!

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
scmaluco;1903141 said:
Good to know.. hopefully I get to run 18psi without hitting fuel cut And still make some decent power. And yes I hear nothing but good things about Lawrence. From talking to him he sounded very knowledgeable and humble yes in deed.. if I can get a safc2 by then i want another map with race gas but for now I guess 15 will have to do unless he can tune me at 18 or so without maxin the injectors..

18 might be possible and safe with your alcohol and water injection, but thats what you are paying
Lawerence for, he will know for sure if your set up is safe. If you can pull enough fuel at 18 psi to keep it out of fuel cut I think you will have a killer set up. I would love to come check your car out if you dyno in the north bay. I am also planning on alcohol injection and have a very similar set up. Good luck!

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
scottiedawg66;1903147 said:
18 might be possible and safe with your alcohol and water injection, but thats what you are paying
Lawerence for, he will know for sure if your set up is safe. If you can pull enough fuel at 18 psi to keep it out of fuel cut I think you will have a killer set up. I would love to come check your car out if you dyno in the north bay. I am also planning on alcohol injection and have a very similar set up. Good luck!

Once I get everything done. Ill post it here and maybe we can meet up if you are around when im in the north bay.

nate579

Sep 13, 2008
Maryland
IMAG0097.jpg
See Pink Line. Green is my buddy 1jz with a T70 w/ 440 injector and automatic.

I made 414hp at 18 psi

550cc Injectors
BC 264 cams
PTE 6262
AFC NEO
BBC
SCC

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
nate579;1904146 said:
View attachment 63890
See Pink Line. Green is my buddy 1jz with a T70 w/ 440 injector and automatic.

I made 414hp at 18 psi

550cc Injectors
BC 264 cams
PTE 6262
AFC NEO
BBC
SCC

I thought you would be making more power with the cams, and i'm assuming thats 414 to the wheels correct? were you @ 80% duty cycle on the injectors by any chance at 18psi of boost?

thanks

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
scottiedawg66;1903147 said:

Forgive me if this is wrong as I'm not so sure about 1j's, but for 7m's, pulling fuel doesn't raise fuel cut. Fuel cut is the amount of air is greater than the ecu has a map for so the injectors can't keep up.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
scmaluco;1904209 said:
I thought you would be making more power with the cams, and i'm assuming thats 414 to the wheels correct? were you @ 80% duty cycle on the injectors by any chance at 18psi of boost?

thanks

All things equal, I have a few friends that made over 450whp on that identical setup/same psi (only difference being 35Rs vs 6262)

There are plenty making close to that number without cams/same psi.