2180055travelpictureworda8.jpg

towersso0.jpg

site1100jm4.jpg

adecenterattack20010911ci5.jpg

worldtradecentre2cc2.jpg

gedenken3.jpg

gedenken16.jpg

gedenken8.jpg

The 2,948 confirmed victims of September 11th 2001 included innocent victims from 84 countries The youngest victim was 2 years old Christie Hanson - The oldest victim was 85 year old Robert Grant Norton 3,251 children lost a Parent on that day

Freedom through Terror.

we remember, we will always remember.

AMERICAN AIRLINES FLIGHT 11,
from Boston, Massachusetts, to Los Angeles, California, crashed into the north tower of the World Trade Center with 92 people on board.

AMERICAN AIRLINES FLIGHT 77,
from Washington to Los Angeles, crashed into the Pentagon with 64 people aboard.

UNITED AIRLINES FLIGHT 175,
from Boston, Massachusetts, to Los Angeles, California, was the second hijacked plane to strike the World Trade Center, plowing into the south tower. Two pilots, seven flight attendants and 56 passengers were on board.

UNITED AIRLINES FLIGHT 93
from Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco, California, crashed in rural southwest Pennsylvania, with 45 people on board.

God only takes the BEST..

In loving memory..

suprflyusmc1

Dec 13, 2006
Ramona
I was stationed in San Diego across from Lindbergh Field when this happend the next day, I was patrolling the fenceline between my base and the airport with a loaded M-16.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
was starting the senior year of hs, was in band and my gf came in from another class and told us to turn on the tv.

weirdest thing to not have any planes flying....

Drive with your lights on today guys to remember.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
I was in my HS band class. All we watched all day long was news coverage. I still can't watch any of the news footage without crying.

It was odd not to have anything flying overhead all day, because I lived in a Air Force town (Midwest City, OK / Tinker AFB) so we had gotten accustomed to always hearing flybys. Very eerie.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
I remember this - had driven back home after a hot day of plasterboarding a bedroom - saw it on the news and couldn't believe what i was seeing. No-one in the house spoke until about 2 hours later.

I saw the towers in 'Trading Places' the other night and thought it eerie.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I was in english when i heard about it, everyone instantly pulled their cellphones out to call their parents (most kids in my HS had at least 1 relative working in NYC, quite a few had relatives working in the WTC). i went to the beach after and looked at a giant cloud of dust covering NYC.

quite sad, and i still refuse to watch any movie based on it. its still too soon for some of us...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I had just gotten up after the first plane hit. On my way to class no one really knew what was going on. Arrived at school and there were projectors set-up in the cafeteria all over. Went to my first class where the bitch of a teacher didn't think it was an important event. We all asked to turn on the tv, she said we had reading to review. I hated that bitch so much. UGH. Anyways... After that the entire day was spent sitting silently watching the news.

I've never been in quieter classrooms. No one said anything at all. I'll always remember that day. It wasn't too dissimilar from Columbine, which was 5 miles from my house and school.

Scary shit, seeing the video footage still gives me chills.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
I came upstairs to find my dad not at work, sitting on at the foot of his bed stunned. Earlier i had heard a plane collided with one of the towers on the radio, but i thought it was just a small cesna or something. I sat down just in time to see the second plane hit. Went to school late, and all day, in every class, we watched CNN. Just like suprarx7nut said, silence. Ill never forget the silenceat school that day, no one was talking. Quite the day.....

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
MKIIINA said:
was starting the senior year of hs, was in band and my gf came in from another class and told us to turn on the tv.

weirdest thing to not have any planes flying....

Drive with your lights on today guys to remember.

maybe thats why someone was flashing their high beams at me while i was driving by. but my lights are always on...

i was on my way to school when i heard it on the radio, i thought it was just a little plane at first...and then when i got to my first period (history class) my history teacher was totally bummed and told everyone that was late "i dont care if youre late, just sit down...the US is under attack..." and then that was it...my other teachers didnt turn on the TV though.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
walked out of the shower that morning when my mom told me to come to the tv. Stood there until the next plane hit. Went to school and the whole school just spent the day watching the news.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
BlackMKIII said:
Yep. I was a band nerd. Played Baritone / Euphonium

Hah, I used to play the Baritone/Euphonium... from 6th grade to freshmen year of college

I was in my Senior English class when it all happened, my Junior English teacher came running into our class in tears and just turned on the TV and we all just sat and watched... we saw the second plane hit, that was crazy stuff.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Why is it always the cool people play that instrument?

Silence. Deafening silence. In the halls, in the classroom, at lunch break, even at home. I don't think anybody really knew WHAT we should say. 6 years doesn't really seem like so long ago.

Being from Oklahoma, I think it hit a lot of us harder. We had also experienced the 4/19/95 bombing of the Murrah Building in downtown Oklahoma City. The worst part was the immediate gasoline price gouging. :3d_frown:

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I was in grade 9, highschool... all of my academics classes had a tv set up, watching various news channels, and we discussed it all to death.

I remember waking up that morning and seeing it on the TV, it never really sank in until quite a while after that day as to the true scale of what happened.