searching craigslist everyday pays off

EwGoetsch

EdWORD
Jul 12, 2009
Minneapolis Minnesota
Came across a guy selling a 7mgte for a 100 bucks, i go to check it out and hes got it all taken apart. Apparently he bought a supra from some Asian kids who had taken the motor apart (after blowing the head gasket) and they had 2 buckets full of bolts and random hoses, he said they had no idea what they were doin and just wanted to get rid of it. 2 of the cylinders are fried but the good thing is that they attempted to have the motor rebuilt but i guess they ran out of money? well anyways they had the head completely rebuilt and shaved, new valves ported and polish. And to top that, hes got the turbo manifold and the turbo in perfect condition, and all the other miscellaneous parts for the turbo motor. If you have dedication to find something you will eventually get it. i got a great deal on this stuff and ill be swapping all the turbo parts on to my Cressida. Ill try and get some pics or a video of it. Hopefully my 140k N/A block will be durable enough to last atleast a year or 2 untill i have enough money for a better one. I was also goin to ask if ARP head bolts are a must if going for 250-300 horsepower. im low on funds and still got my stockers. Thanks for readin if you did! laterr

$300 Cressida + $100 turbo motor + blood and elbow grease = smokin mustangs all day.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
+1 for craigslist. I almost scored a brand new 0 miles factory 7mgte long block for $250, but i got a call right before i was off to pick it up saying he just sold it for $400 :(

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
CyFi6;1406065 said:
+1 for craigslist. I almost scored a brand new 0 miles factory 7mgte long block for $250, but i got a call right before i was off to pick it up saying he just sold it for $400 :(

Someone got a hell of a deal!

Yes, craigslist does pay off on occasion. I know of 2 perfectly good non VVT-i 2JZGE engines bought here locally for less than $250 each w/ harnesses.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Same here, I found a freshly rebuilt 5MGE/trans on CL that came with a house this guy just bought. He didn't know exactly what it was, he just knew that it was for a Supra. I was hoping for a 7M turbo, but it was still a nice find. He eventually sold it for 150 (actually gave me $20 for identifying the engine for him- sweet!), so somebody got a kickin' deal.

EwGoetsch

EdWORD
Jul 12, 2009
Minneapolis Minnesota
Just took my N/A cylinder head off today, got it off with the intake manifold attached onto it by myself with my man power :icon_bigg , There was water in each cylinder so i gaurantee my head warped (my lower raditor hose broke off while i was doin 75 on the highway and my car said it was cool the whole time), i dont have an exact straight edge and was so tired from ripping my motor apart in 2 hours by myself so i didnt check (dont matter i got a rebuilt head with new valves). I also picked up the block and turbo parts today. the guy also had an entire brand new head gasket set. only bad thing is he said some of the fins on the turbo got dinged up and bent a little bit from not being covered and just being put in a tub with other shiz ontop. Im not too clear on if that will affect anything, there is no side to side play and i can move it up and down by just a smidge, it seams likes its pretty tight in there but what do i know, this is my first turbo :aigo:. So this week im gona get my head shaved again just because its been sitting for awhile and the surface isnt perfect (dont want another BHG). Ill be using my N/A block and using a turbo cylinder head, they look almost identical, only difference i believe is the camshafts. This is my very first engine build and the first time ive gotten my hands dirty on a motor, im doin everything by myself but im a perfectionist, and i have been researchinng for over 6 months before attempting this. basically all i have to do now is get my head on, install my new wiring harness and ecu, find a downpipe and and put it back together, ill try and get some pics of my nice cylinder head i basically got for $25 and will keep updated with how everythings goin

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
found this for $800. Got it running but needs a cps. super clean inside and out. original center console, a/c works, turbo sticker on door, Light in door handle works. Jack had never been used, targa tool. A real steal.

SSPX0181.jpg

SSPX0179.jpg

SSPX0176.jpg

SSPX0178.jpg

SSPX0177.jpg

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Since when is a Craigslist ad a technical subject concerning the 7M-GTE motor?

Thread moved.

EwGoetsch - Pay attention to where you post.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
johnathan1;1407726 said:
I hate you.

:biglaugh: Liked it so much that I'm going to sell my 90 single 1jzgte. to pay for a 2jzgte swap on the 89 and keep the exterior as stock looking as possible. Gonna go with the sleeper look. with some kick ass under the hood. I know that a supra can't be a sleeper. But you get what I'm getting at.:evil2:

woodytsi

Supramania Contributor
Apr 23, 2005
spring,tx