Scruggs86.5T's Build

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
Quick update. I finished all of the gauges that I planned on putting in. I just need to figure out the wiring in the back now. I like the way it came out, hopefully it looks alright when it's all lit up. Hope no one is waiting on pictures of that cause it's going to be a while. Let me know what everyone thinks, honest opinions only please.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
Alright well I got the gauges all wired up and put back together. I think I am going to end up trying to find a new clear plastic cover for the housing though, mine is a little scratched up. Hopefully I can get a new OEM one. We'll see. Also this past Sunday I ran up to Eugene Oregon, a 9 hour drive one way from me, to get my transmission(R154) and a few other small things I needed. I woke up at 3a.m. that day and didn't get home till 10p.m. that night. I plan on bringing it down to Marlin Crawler and getting the race rebuild done to it. Here are some pics of the gauges. Hope you like.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
I actually kinda like the install of the aftermarket gauges. Did you give any thought to replacing the speedo and tach? I've often wondered if you could scrap all the factory gauges and install all aftermarket ones using the stock piece as a mounting template like you're doing. However, I never really looked into the TSRM to see if this would cause problems with the ECU.