Save Your Wiring Harness - Maft Pro, Stand Alone, Wideband Users Check this out

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Got this from Auto Sport Wiring...looks pretty much the same as the Fields patch harness:

http://www.autosportwiring.com/products.htm#Toyota

Kinda pricey at $139, but it does save you from splicing your factory harness and gives you a little more slack to solder the wires properly. It's a high quality patch harness...the side where the factory harness plugs in has epoxy resin the entire length for support. I do wish it had colored wiring for the most common pins we tap into. Thought I'd throw it out as an option to you guys :biggrinbo

Here's a couple of pics:

Attachments

• DSCN0103.JPG
    DSCN0103.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN0104.JPG
    DSCN0104.JPG
    311 KB · Views: 64

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
No such luck, the harness plugs changed. The pre 89 harness plugs are not made anywhere anymore...

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
You guys could shoot Auto Sport an e-mail...who knows, maybe the pre-'89 harness can be had :dunno:

C

cnewingham

I have one also. Its nice not having to hack into a Brand new harness from Toyota. Plus if I ever want to remove a piggyback or anything it is a lot easier to clean up or throw away, buy another and re solder. (unlike soldering into your harness)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
jdub said:
You guys could shoot Auto Sport an e-mail...who knows, maybe the pre-'89 harness can be had :dunno:

I did tons of research on this. Toyota no longer produces anything for the pre 89 wiring harness or ecu.

The only way you could do this would be to have the connectors manufactured. Due to the weak demand from the MKIII community for products like this, there's no way to make money, let alone even break even on it. Trust me, I've been there.

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
just ordered one, thanks for that info. ive been trying to look for something like this for a while and thought it woudl never exist. saves so much time and is much safer.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Allan_MA70 said:
what movie was your avatar from i have not seen the movie in ages and cant remember the name :(

Actually...that is me over Sedona, AZ. Took a two ship up and did a little photo shoot a while back when I was still flying the F-16 :icon_cool

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Mk3_300 (kris) on here got his in 2 weeks ago. VERY nice piece indeed! Unfortuantly RIGHT NOW they do not make one for the 86-88.5 model year wiring harness. But talking to the owner of the company he said if he gets "enough" orders (preorders I might say) he would do it for the same price.

So guys with pre-89's start emailing him! LOL

-Jonathan

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
siman said:
Mk3_300 (kris) on here got his in 2 weeks ago. VERY nice piece indeed! Unfortuantly RIGHT NOW they do not make one for the 86-88.5 model year wiring harness. But talking to the owner of the company he said if he gets "enough" orders (preorders I might say) he would do it for the same price.

So guys with pre-89's start emailing him! LOL

-Jonathan

i will have to harp on what Mike (Supracentral) stated, except I am going to word it without PC'ing it ;)

Due to the cheap nature of most MKIII owners this won't go anywhere as many will not do a maft-pro or what not to save a penny or two. Shame really :(

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
figgie said:
i will have to harp on what Mike (Supracentral) stated, except I am going to word it without PC'ing it ;)

Due to the cheap nature of most MKIII owners this won't go anywhere as many will not do a maft-pro or what not to save a penny or two. Shame really :(

there wont be a pre 89 fields harness. i dont think any aftermarket company has ever made one.

when im ready to install my fuel computer, ill be making my own. better than spending more than 50 bucks (already have a hacked wireharness and dead ecu to use) and ill have color coded wires.