sanctioned night time canyon/drifting

driftingsteveo

Jun 22, 2005
hey guys im guaging intrest on a state authorized canyon/drifting run.....this will be a night time event...with medical staff, tow service, and police on site (only for stopping traffic fron entering the raze event zone) the entry fee will be non refundable...and will be priced on total of cars entering the event....also there will be sections of the course for spectator seating and a film crew will be on hand for making the videos that will follow...if the intrest is high , the events will be held bi-weekly from 7:00pm-1:00am...if interested please pm me or send an email to garagektm@yahoo.com.....this is going to be one of the best events the state will ever see.............thank you for your time

stephen

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
heh, it would help if you stated where this was...

-shaeff

O

OSI

haha!!! scam city!
You having it at the Azusa/Glendora canyons? or did it happen already?

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
maybe PM's would be a better place to solve this problem......

but agreed this probibly wont happen for liability purposes.

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
I'm surprised Siman hasn't jumped in on this...

Unfortunately, there's no way they (the authority) would sanction something like this.

driftingsteveo

Jun 22, 2005
so far i had the department of forestry of california...give me a permit to run on a section of the canyon...now all i need is to see how many people will run ....so far the event is a go...but i just need you guys to help put the word out...i have already put up $10,000 of my own money to get this ball rolling

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
driftingsteveo said:
so far i had the department of forestry of california...give me a permit to run on a section of the canyon...now all i need is to see how many people will run ....so far the event is a go...but i just need you guys to help put the word out...i have already put up $10,000 of my own money to get this ball rolling

you get that 10k by ripping more people off?

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
here's an idea.....go talk to the police, the fire crews, and the medial crews and see how much they hate the idea of a canyon race during the day and what they would charge to be there. Then tell them it's actually going to be at night and see what they say

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
ok so here is how it is going to work get about 150 people together and block off the roads with cars and make your runs then run like hell when the cops show up!

MK3Racer89

May 11, 2005
if you can get it going that would be coo but i dont think it would happen,too many things can go wrong but it is a good idea, you could maybe try a track or something, a more controlled area.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
mcpcola said:
ok so here is how it is going to work get about 150 people together and block off the roads with cars and make your runs then run like hell when the cops show up!

Didn't I see that in a movie somewhere? :yelrotflm