San Deigo new mk3 7mgte Owner..already pulled engine and trans ^-^

Cressida Wrench

Oct 8, 2012
San Diego CA
Hey guys... been lurking for info on here for a while now but I feel I have now something worth sharing
Tan x3 with rebuilt head and mk2 w58
For the 5 speed I used clutch, flywheel, mk2 w58 (super fresh), clutch pedal assembly, lines, and shifter from a 1982-3 Supra
got the tranny for 80 bucks at a half day, almost everything for about 250 bucks within the week :D did the swap in 2 days with ALOT of help from 2 friends
s NOW HAVE RIKEN MESHIES <3

FUTURE:all I want to do do to it now is clean up the interior a bit further, small drop, decent rims, bumper tuck, and actual exhaust system on *running open cat atm and isn't half bad if I say so myself... and a 7mgte in the near future (rebuild will start as soon as someone buys my r154 ^-^ takers?)
I WILL post (MORE) pics of the mk3 turbo supra I bought and keep the 7mgte to drop it into the cressy

thanks for all the info guys! I will keep posting updates on the 7mgte rebuild

How it sits now

p1882869_1.jpg

p1882869_2.jpg

PARTS CAR
p1882869_3.jpg

p1882869_4.jpg

Riken Meshies <3

p1882869_5.jpg

still need the low

p1882869_6.jpg

p1882869_7.jpg

First got her

p1882869_8.jpg

Everything I needed for the swap (minus driveshaft that I got from Scott*orangekid*)

p1882869_9.jpg

when it was automatragic :p

p1882869_10.jpg

this was after the HG rebuild
purple valve cover for the win

p1882869_11.jpg

waxed today.. today

p1882869_12.jpg

LOOK at the perfect dash :D (I'm not a douche about it... it was just well kept)

p1882869_13.jpg

how it looks like now... using a mk3 shifter and mk2 w58 w/shifter housing, getting the mk2 cut and moved back about 2.75 inches for the console to fit in snuggly

Last edited:

Cressida Wrench

Oct 8, 2012
San Diego CA
RazoE;1883483 said:
Love it (minus the color)..!!

What are your plans for the 7M? Stock or go all out?

I know...color is total grampa tan but it will be a "nice sleeper huh" lol

I am planing to just go with well built stock internals, using all the build recommendations on here (great info btw on your posts too)
such as clevette and acl bearings, (don't know which piston rings yet) Drift motion shimmed oil pump, Cometic HG, usual machine work like resurfacing and honing, arp studs all the way through... sound bueno or no bueno?

but I NEED some funding for it... trying to sell the r154 trans, flywheel, and driveshaft... but I can't post in the "for sale threads" I will get by with a stock setup for now.. with a w58, then later on go for boost then bigger axle ( celica supra solid rear) and trans (re-find another r154) and yeah...
thanks guys! I feel the love on this site

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Grandpa color or not it's a good choice for a sleeper build I love it.

Clevite bearings is what i used for my build and can be purchased on Driftmotion.com although i can not personally comment on them (my car is not finished yet) i have not seen any bad reviews on here about them.

As machine work goes just make sure you go in there knowing exactly what you want and get it out of them. MHG is a must for the 7M if you have a heavy foot or a love for racing your car just be sure to get the head and block decked and ARP head studs and flywheel bolts are a good investment.

Stock rods are very stout and can handle quite a bit there's a member that was over 700whp on stock block for quite some time (Xman i believe is his username)

Although the pistons are decent too you still can't beat the peace of mind of going forged.

Cressida Wrench

Oct 8, 2012
San Diego CA
Turbo Habanero;1883741 said:
Grandpa color or not it's a good choice for a sleeper build I love it.

Clevite bearings is what i used for my build and can be purchased on Driftmotion.com although i can not personally comment on them (my car is not finished yet) i have not seen any bad reviews on here about them.

As machine work goes just make sure you go in there knowing exactly what you want and get it out of them. MHG is a must for the 7M if you have a heavy foot or a love for racing your car just be sure to get the head and block decked and ARP head studs and flywheel bolts are a good investment.

Stock rods are very stout and can handle quite a bit there's a member that was over 700whp on stock block for quite some time (Xman i believe is his username)

Although the pistons are decent too you still can't beat the peace of mind of going forged.

thanks man! I really do appreciate the input, I actually pay attention lol
and I guess we will see the condition of the piston when the motor is torn down... I really need to sell the r154 it came with though haha

is there anyway someone can post for me? if not I understand, I saw nothing like it mention in the thread starter for the for sale section

r154 is out of a turbo mk3 Supra, Asking 700 for everything could just sell trans just hit me up on here or pm ( 619-495 8744 ) call or text
I have clutch slave
clutch fork
clutch
7mgte flywheel for r154
with halfshaft or whole driveshaft
and of course a complete r`154/w shifter

let this go... all someone would need for a swap would be clutch pedal and lines... done

I NEED THIS gone asap 700$... best offer takes it

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Sorry dude, you gotta have more posts and time as a member here. Just be patient and wait to sell, or try Craigslist.

Should go quickly though, R154s are in demand.

That said, I'm pushing around 300 hp on my w58, so you shouldn't worry if you're not going past that.

Cressida Wrench

Oct 8, 2012
San Diego CA
dmp316;1884409 said:
very nice build. Old school Toyota's FTW.

The picture that you have of the parts car (MK3) am i seeing right where the 3000 pipe goes into the turbo inlet pipe?
yeah It had engine knock so the owner before me decided it need to be run in NA form ahha

Cressida Wrench

Oct 8, 2012
San Diego CA
RazoE;1884408 said:
Sorry dude, you gotta have more posts and time as a member here. Just be patient and wait to sell, or try Craigslist.

Should go quickly though, R154s are in demand.

That said, I'm pushing around 300 hp on my w58, so you shouldn't worry if you're not going past that.

lol thanks, and yeah I've been trying for a while with little luck haha and yea I guess I will have to wait ... :(

yeah I'm going to use my other w58 (mk3) when I do the swap so I could have the center console back in LOL and have the mk2 58 on stand-by just in case it decides to act up ;P but if anything my diff. will act up first before the trans haha
what do you run in your w58? oil