San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Talking to Millers machine shop they advised me to run forged pistons. They say cast pistons won't withstand cylinder pressures I'm putting them through. Even with a small turbo. I just don't want to spend that kind of money on this 7m. I'm pretty much done with it and want to move on. Only problem is we're in the middle of this Dave Ramsey thing, so fixing up the Supra is on the low side of my priority list. We'll see how things go in a few months from now.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Cracked my coolant hard line under the exhaust manifold somehow and it wraps a around the back of the motor...almost impossible to remove.

I need another one quick though if anyone has an extra one

Thinking about welding it real quick and putting everything back together for work tomorrow.

Last edited:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Nice, Miguel. Damn this place is dead.

I keep seeing a white 89+ around here but have yet to catch up to it. On a side note I finally got my car inspected. No more dodging cops for me.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Sold!? Everybody don't talk to Michael anymore. That means you too Darrel. When you see him at family functions don't talk to him. He's no longer our Supra buddy. He has turned his back on us. I kid I kid.

So where do you go from here? C7 Stingray? Something reliable with a warranty?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Lol. What have you been up to rufus?

Been driving it to work daily and it's a lot of fun. But I need a truck. I've been looking at a used silverado 2500. I need a hick rig. I still have my old civic to go to work and back.

St!LL b0oStEd

May 9, 2011
san antonio
It's a 1992 7mgte just has a upgraded intercooler and exhaust and lowered on lowering springs that's about it for now go to the technical section and you will see a video of my car got a wired rattle coming from top end smh I thought this mk3 was going to be different

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
I don't like that sound. Can't tell if it's starting to knock or what. Did you replace the head gasket and if so did your water and oil mix before you did?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
David, didn't you run across someone with a jasper engine out of a wrecked car? Still boosted bought one but I couldn't remember the details. I think I remember it being in bad shape because it sat outside.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
I think he kept the engine in the garage but if not then it was Under a tarp. I remember it having surface rust but the oil pan and head was still on.