San antonio

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);2024865 said:
I remember you telling me that you moved close to rockpapaersword. Sure I'd like to feel what real power is. I'm just not so sure when our schedules will coincide.

BTW guys, David's car is running tip top. Rock solid idle and all. I have no clue what problems he was talking about.

Nice!! So was there ever a reason discovered why the car was acting up with COP in the first place?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I was only kidding Miguel. When David was here he tried to show me what the car was doing. Of course, the car was running perfect making a liar out of him. So I was teasing him saying there was never anything wrong, but I'm sure there was/is. It just wasn't doing the bad thing while it was here.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Damn you Rufus!! hahaha
I think the idle problem is from a boost leak or vacuum line. Im looking at it today right after i wash it.

The cop problem was partial because the wires i soldered and heat shrink were somehow still making contact with each other but i still haven't got the cop to work. Im running the old coil packs for now.

The big brake kit im waiting to kill a little more of my old good pads. I would feel like im throwing away money

MIKE: that looks like fun and the exhaust side of the motor is clean!

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Well i had noticed a bit of vibration on the ride back from the trip under heavy braking and didn't think too much of it. Now that I've taken the time to check it out, i have come to find that both front rotors are warped/cracked. The outer disc seems to be splitting into two pieces. I've never seen rotors damaged like this before, i may have to get that big brake kit a bit sooner than i had intended.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Here's a video with the sorted pics from Vegas (chronological order). It starts off with the Scenic Cruise, Dyno event, and lastly the Show and Shine/Drag event. I have many videos from the drag racing event i just need to sort those out and get them uploaded. The final video will have pics and video implemented with each other with some background music :icon_bigg

Enjoy....
[video=youtube_share;SxTdcqTZfuY]http://youtu.be/SxTdcqTZfuY[/video]

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Hey guys, anybody have a spare 89+ motor mount for sale? I ripped mine in half while removing my engine. Like a dummy I didn't unbolt them from the mount brackets this time around.
Anyway, I found out why number 2 cylinder was dead. As suspected, busted ringlands... again. Went to Millers machine and they told me that stock cast pistons will not withstand the cylinder pressure I'm pushing through the motor. They recommend forged pistons. Ugh, I told myself that if I stuck with the 7m this would be the last time with this motor. I was going to do the generation III SBC this time around, but it's not a good time financially right now. Decisions, decisions.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Yeah, they round ones. BTW Mike, I'd like to borrow your valve remove/install tool please. I think I might disassemble the head and give it a good cleaning. Intake runners are pretty clean, exhaust runners have lots of carbon soot from running too rich.