San antonio

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Send it off to get painted, then we can put it together. Only problem is that I have forgotten everything about the 7m so I can't be much help there. I haven't had a dreaded 7m in almost 7 years.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
S.A. supra;2015654 said:
Send it off to get painted, then we can put it together. Only problem is that I have forgotten everything about the 7m so I can't be much help there. I haven't had a dreaded 7m in almost 7 years.

Oh don't worry, I'll remind you of what a 7m is all about. Just get your car going, and you'll soon remember the wrath of 7m!!!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Thanks guys. Nah, they're far and few between around those parts. Just gotta be careful. I rarely do that anyway. As a matter of fact that's the first time since I've had my car up and running I took it past 110mph. Last time I went that fast was at the dragstrip.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
yeah, you know how I roll. I tear shit up.... literally. It won't be long before something goes wrong again. Just trying to have fun with it while it last. Where abouts do you live David? I'd like to swing by a visit sometime if you don't mind. Don't know when that would happen though. I'm always busy with the family.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Maaaann.....i tell you! Set aside some money to get the car back together and Murphy got me. My damn a/c @ the house went out. Soooo do you think the wife would be mad if i fixed the Supra instead of the a/c? My life (face in palms)!!!!!!

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Nah.....I'm at work but they sent me pics. The coils froze up and i think the blower motor is gone. Was on the phone when i heard it running.......didnt sound good at all. Da wife just called me now and the tech is there. I'm really hoping it's not too bad.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Like Mike said, probably just the capacitor. I had the same thing happen to me. Blower stopped working because capacitor didn't kick it over. Of course the evap coil will freeze over due to condensation over the coil and no airflow through it. I bought another capacitor and it worked like a charm. $10 fix in my case. Good luck.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Well if my wife is going to spend the night at my bro n laws house its bad. Talked to the guy and the motor is bad plus the squirrel cage blower rod broke,.....so yeah....pissed. So i made a deal with Earl Schieb to paint my car and they took off alot because i was gonna help with most of the labor. Price $1,100 for two stage paint job. Price to fix a/c.....$980. FML!!!!!

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Motor is bad. Motor is attached to a rod that turn blower squirrel cage. Rod broke. Cage fell on top of coil. Motor still trying to turn cage with half of rod. To much stress. Burned up motor.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Plus they had it running all night like that while i was at work. My nephew and daughter heard it but thought is was "normal noise". Coil froze up also. But hey.....the bright said is........I'll get back to you on that.