San antonio

dizzYflight

Feb 18, 2014
Utah
Suprapowaz!(2);2012905 said:
Dropping the trans isn't that hard. When do you plan on doing it? I suggest a second hand to keep the trans steady on the jack as you lower it. Unless you have trans jack that you can secure it to then you're good.

Probably once I figure out that's the exact thing i want to do. There's still a lot of time til i'd move down to san antonio. But if the transmission isn't fixed by 6ish months time.. I'll just sell the supra.. :nono: so yeah i've got about 6 months to figure this out

dizzYflight

Feb 18, 2014
Utah
Suprapowaz!(2);2012997 said:
When you move down here how will you bring your stuff and both cars? Why couldn't you bring the Supra with you?

I was planning on having the supra transported down and just driving the focus and loading it full of stuff. it will be hard moving the supra around without having that working trans, as i'd be living in my girlfriends apartment. I mean she has a garage but she just bought a brand new vehicle that she'd like to keep there.
Looking at the texas floods though... I am very seriously considering just selling the supra and getting this. http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/1492391?ad_cid=11 oh btw does texas have a car classifieds something similar to that link? I love that site.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
dizzYflight;2013032 said:
I was planning on having the supra transported down and just driving the focus and loading it full of stuff. it will be hard moving the supra around without having that working trans, as i'd be living in my girlfriends apartment. I mean she has a garage but she just bought a brand new vehicle that she'd like to keep there.
Looking at the texas floods though... I am very seriously considering just selling the supra and getting this. http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/1492391?ad_cid=11 oh btw does texas have a car classifieds something similar to that link? I love that site.

Sell your supra move down here and buy mine.

Anybody know of anyone that runs a borg warner? I'm thinking of going with the s360.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I've got a tiny 50mm Borg Warner. Compressor inducer actually measures out a little bigger than 50mm, but not by much.
What's wrong with the 67mm you've got on their now? Why do you want to switch?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
It has side to side, and a little in and out. I've officially decided to sell my car. So I want a turbo that's not laggy. I want something that really spools.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Yeah, I want it to be solid. The turbo isn't terribly expensive. I also want to really impress any prospective buyers, so I'm gonna throw some shocks and struts. That way when I take them for a ride it's smooth.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
7m ngk spark plug wires up for grabs. 8mm i think. 2 sets. I will take a few bucks...very few or buy some beer and come have a few when you pick them up. Both sets came off my car (thats right! a 14 plug 7m!! lol) and they are good.

im sure i have other stuff laying around if you would like to see the messy garage of filth

dizzYflight

Feb 18, 2014
Utah
Yep taking the trans out really wasn't too tough... the most trouble i had was getting the effing starter off. I know putting a trans back in will be the tricky bit, but guess i'll find out when i get this trans all fixed up. Found out i have some ACT clutch kit on there too. BsJ3vcJCYAEmWrW.jpg

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
I need to remove the spark plug valley. Looks like i would have to buy a large allen wrench to remove the 3 bolts holding it in...any other ideas? Or does anyone have one to lend?

dizzYflight

Feb 18, 2014
Utah
Suprapowaz!(2);2014237 said:
Good work. So you're going to get the R154 rebuilt, or are you going to swap in a w58 temporarily?

I think just getting the r154 rebuilt will be the most cost effective option. I plan on ordering the full rebuild kit from driftmotion and have a local trans shop rebuild it.
Hah its frustrating the lack of mk3 supra owners in utah! The utah focus community is about the same size as the san antonio mk3 supra community!

Oh I plan on coming down around sept 1st, so I'd be interested in coming if any meet goes on!

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
san supra;2014253 said:
I need to remove the spark plug valley. Looks like i would have to buy a large allen wrench to remove the 3 bolts holding it in...any other ideas? Or does anyone have one to lend?
Hey David i have the hex tool that fits those bolts. I believe it fits on a 1/2in racthet. Let me know.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Are you still in san antonio or just faking it like S.A. supra? lol jk

I wouldn't mind picking it up this weekend.

I hope to be coil on plug by next week

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Lol.....still here. Just busy. Can't get motivated enough to get my car running. Something always comes up that takes what little strength i have to work on it. If you still have my number call me. Or PM me yours and we'll meet up.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
satx88supra;2014479 said:
Lol.....still here. Just busy. Can't get motivated enough to get my car running. Something always comes up that takes what little strength i have to work on it. If you still have my number call me. Or PM me yours and we'll meet up.

Buy mine and you won't have to work on it. Just saying. ....

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Lol...i did have a half sec thought about it.......jus a half sec. Pulls pretty good. I think once Kenny is back in Fl I'll get more time and motivation to do something.