San antonio

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1984893 said:
Easy enough to take off and have it tested.

My car is back on the road. I installed the 12.1 springs on the WG, and so far it running a solid 12.5psi according to the map ecu. A little bit more tweaking the 'ole map ecu and it'll be good... enough for me.

Time to head back to the track?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
sterlingae, I'm sure we're going to run a two stage system. Not sure what materials he's going to choose. Something that's going to last, and look good. Do you have a hook up on paint some place? What materials do you normally work with?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
S.A. supra;1984965 said:
Time to head back to the track?

Yeah, once I get it dialed in I want to see what she'll do. I'm only going to be running 12.5 psi though. But this time with a better wastegate, turbo, and map ecu. I'll see if it'll make a difference. Last time out I ran a best of 12.91 @ 108mph running 17psi on just the Lex AFM. I haven't ran with the map ecu yet. I hoping to run at least 13.20's first time out with the new set up. I'm sure running lower boost is going to slow me down, but I don't have enough injector to run higher boost. I don't want to push too much fuel pressure just to do it like I was before.
But yeah, I'll head back out for a night of fun. That's what I built this car for... fun.

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
I get my stuff from gladwin paint on broadway. I mostly use budget lines. I like nason it sprays nice for being cheap. I really like chromabase also. I sprayed some sherwin williams 4th deminsion base and finish 1 clear and would not recommend that to anyone.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Just a reminder that tomorrow will be the car show/track night at the Raceway in case any of you guys want to stop by. Prices seem pretty fair so i'm planning on stopping by for awhile to check it out. I might also run a few passes to make some adjustments I've been procrastinating on doing. Let me know if any of you guys plan on going

Here are the prices:
Spectator $10.
Car load $20 (Includes Racing)
Race $15

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I got it started, and figured out why I had trouble with starts. I pulled a rufus and Attached the 12v from the battery but forgot to tighten it. Now im gonna see if the battery will hold the charge. Im still gonna take the starter off and clean the contact points. If the battery holds its charge I will get the exhaust installed.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
lol, no Mike... my cable was not connected at all. Beat that! Good to hear though. Soon guys we'll all ride together. One day.
Miguel let us know how tonight went. I really wanted to go, but this old man has to wake up at 3am to work tomorrow.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
lol, no Mike... my cable was not connected at all. Beat that! Good to hear though. Soon guys we'll all ride together. One day.
Miguel let us know how tonight went. I really wanted to go, but this old man has to wake up at 3am to work tomorrow.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I don't have any experience with the safc. I'm assuming it very much like it only map ecu has a lot more tuning points. It just replaces your AFM, and you have to enter in all of the Hz values that the stock AFM used to supply the stock ECU. ECU makes fuel adjustment according to what Hz you enter in a particular field. You can richen or lean out areas that need adjusting. It's a little on the tedious side, but once you get the hang of it it's pretty simple. You have to tune the map ecu to satisfy the stock TCCS's fuel trim (Vf). Outside the parameters of the Vf trim and the TCCS will reject your tune and try to run its own map. I'll show you how it works one day.
The hardest part of tuning this thing is getting a rock solid idle. But it still works pretty good.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Got it. This kid dropped by yesterday. He offered up some 550s and a safc. He had a lexus with a 2j swap. I had one on my 1jz but I never touched it. I might just buy the 550s since he is selling them cheap. im not sure how far I want to go with this car.

I finally got the damn starter off. Man I forgot how much that sucks. I think I found out what the problem was. Im dreading having to put it back in. If I solved the problem the muffler will go in tomorrow.

Last edited:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
It took a while but I replaced the starter and the battery. The starters 12v post was lose and must of been grounding out the battery with the vibration of the engine. It was bad enough to kill my battery. It fires up every time now. Im gonna take it for a little crusie tomorrow and button down everything. Then hopefully the muffler on Monday.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Sounds good. Let us know how it goes.
I'm street tuning my car a little at a time. Mainly getting the closed loop squared away at this time. Open loop is good. Like I said before, tedious.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Well I've been a few days in Puerto Rico and from day 1 there is nothing but imports over here. I have never seen so many Corollas, Mirages, and Sentras. I have only seen 1 Mustang and 1 Corvette since I've been here. The day that I landed I saw a small pack of old school RX7's booking it down the highway together. I looked for the local track out here and saw that its not too far away and I'm planning on stopping by one of these days. I'll get some videos going when i'm out there and post them on here when i get them. I'll keep you guys posted

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Well I messed up last night and over slept by 3 hrs. So they told me to stay home. I took advantage of the day and got her ready for the exhaust installation Wednesday. It is keeping the charge, so there should be no reason it won't get done.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Miguel, while you're there make sure to eat some good food & women. I'm interested in seeing what their test and tune night looks like. Can't wait for vids.

Mike, let us know how the exhaust installation goes. I can't wait to see your car..... in my rear view mirror!! OOOoooh!

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Oh man I got out early today so I loaded the car up with the things I needed, then I took it for a spin around the block even hit boost, then started making my way to the muffler place when my car died on me. It seemed like it wasn't getting fuel. So I popped the hood to see what I could find. I couldn't find anything so I thought I could be out of gas. I put some in and still nothing. The fuel pump sounded a little different. So i popped the hatch and one of the wires to the fuel pump was making contact with the frame. I moved it over and it fired right up. Now im to scared to try and make it to the shop. Im gonna wait till tonight and drop it off at my friends house that lives right next door and take it first thing in the morning. Wish me luck.