San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Don't give me any ideas. I've already been up and down the Autozone "performance" aisles looking for ideas to spruce up the old Supra.
And where in the heck have you been!? What's new old man?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Nothing just the family thing. Yeah, still have it. Yep, but the season is coming to a end. Kids are doing good, Marcus is graduating this year. He just got accepted to U.T. Austin. Life has been good.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Well, I pulled the trigger and bought a precision 39mm wastegate today. The cheap ebay one I had was no longer controlling boost. I narrowed it down to the WG. I hope I was right. If not I have a nice new wastegate. We'll see by this weekend.
Nice thing about this precision WG is that it comes with 5 springs for a large number of boost ranges to dial in. I've always wanted to run off the spring, and not any kind of boost controller. Set it, tune it, and forget it.

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
If my gktech outer tie rods ever show up I will drive my car again. I have been waiting on them since mid November.
I picked up a sweet 91 300zx tt the other day to fix up and resale. Had a missfire issue and lack of power, stumble in boost when i got it, Ended up being the iacv plug was loose.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Well.....i finally cleaned my garage yesterday. While cleaning it I've made the choice to get the Supra back on the road. Its been almost a year since I've actually touched the car. So now the plan is to order parts and get Rufus over here to help me prime and paint the car. Well hopefully this is the year the Supra stays on the road.

nutusu2u.jpg

y6u2aqus.jpg

4ybysuma.jpg

Sent from my LG Optimus G

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok, I put the new wastegate in the car. I put the combo of springs in to run 12.1 psi. I have to lean it out while in boost because it's running so rich it activates fuel cut right at 10psi. I'll head out in a bit after my tuning laptop charges up, and fix the tune. I'll see what the wastegate does after I do that.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
satx88supra;1984319 said:
Well.....i finally cleaned my garage yesterday. While cleaning it I've made the choice to get the Supra back on the road. Its been almost a year since I've actually touched the car. So now the plan is to order parts and get Rufus over here to help me prime and paint the car. Well hopefully this is the year the Supra stays on the road.

nutusu2u.jpg

y6u2aqus.jpg

4ybysuma.jpg

I went to fire her up and the freaking battery is dead. Either I have a bad alternator or something is drawing on the battery when its off. I am just finishing up my vacation, so I got a lot of things done. Im gonna get this thing done now that things have calmed down over here.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Cool. Did you ever get it in the garage? I'm about 70% sure to get mine back together. Hopefully i can remember where all the screws and bolts are and where they go. As of now if anything major goes wrong its scrap and will look for another project.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
S.A. supra;1984565 said:
I went to fire her up and the freaking battery is dead. Either I have a bad alternator or something is drawing on the battery when its off. I am just finishing up my vacation, so I got a lot of things done. Im gonna get this thing done now that things have calmed down over here.

How long does your car sit before starting it? It's easy to check for a parasitic draw with a voltmeter.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I bought a new battery back in September or so. Last time I moved it was October. So maybe 2 1/2 months since I started it last. I need to buy another volt meter because I left mine at the land.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I'd imagine after 2 1/2 months that your battery would go dead. All cars draw around 1.5amps just sitting. That's not going to deplete your battery a couple of weeks, but over two months I imagine it would. Why not get a battery tender since you let your car sit for long periods of time.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Well I jumped it, and it started. Then after a minute of running with the cables off it died. I went to crank it but it had no juice. Thinking it might be the alternator.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Easy enough to take off and have it tested.

My car is back on the road. I installed the 12.1 springs on the WG, and so far it running a solid 12.5psi according to the map ecu. A little bit more tweaking the 'ole map ecu and it'll be good... enough for me.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
sterlingae;1984933 said:
Satx88 your going to paint the car yourself? You have any experience? What brand paint are you going with?

Not really. But Rufus....suprapowaz!2....has said he's got some skill. So just for grins i....well we're gonna try it. You have to ask Rufus on the type of paint. Gonna try and keep it the OG color so i wont have to paint door jams and such.

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
Thats cool. I have been doing some paint work the past few years. I have painted 5 full cars and done a lot of spot painting. If you guys need any help or any suggestions on materials let me know. Single stage? Two stage?