San antonio

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Looking for mike. I have a 1jz intake manifold that Travis borrowed from you like 2yrs ago. Want to sell,it to my buddy? How much? Want it back? Get it out of my Fucking garage? Lol

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1907106 said:
I went to the dragstrip tonight. My first run I posted my best time of 12.91@108.88mph. I backed it up with another 12.93@108.54. Both times a ran a 2.1 sixty on Nitto DR's. I suck. I need to learn how to drive this damn car. I got eliminated by a 2dr Civic running 12.20's. All in all, I had fun.

Sounds like you found more boost leaks and fixed them. Does your turbo still hit hard at higher rpm's?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Yeah, it still hits at the upper RPM range. I richened up the fuel mixture to 10.8 at full tilt. Don't know if that helped or not. I'm running the same mph as last time I was running, but e.t.'s got 2 tenths quicker. Colder weather could have contributed to the quicker times. Who knows.
I'll work the nerve up to figure out this MAP ECU one day, and tune it for higher boost. Until then I'm happy with where I'm at right now.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I had it turned up to 11.7 at one point and I started getting what I thought was spark blow out on the top end. Brought the car home, pulled all plugs and they were all gapped just fine. Took the car back on the farm road behind me and opened her up again. Still missing on the top end. Pulled over and adjusted the AFPR. Tested WOT again and top end miss went away. I think I was detonating previously at 11.7. Now in the high 10's it went away. I'll eventually lean it back out. I'd like to be somewhere in the low 11's. Running on the richer side is going to keep me safe for now. When I get around to dyno tuning I'll lean it out to get the most HP while keeping it under the danger zone.
At the dragstrip I was going to lean it out and make another pass, but with my luck I'd better not.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I closed mine down to 0.028 as well. Last time I gapped them at 0.032 with a feeler gauge. 4000 miles later spark blowout showed up. Pulled the plugs to recheck and they were all between 0.035 to 0.041. I run Autolite 3922 coppers. I guess they burn out quicker? Then again there was a time when I was running too lean before I installed this AFPR. Maybe that burnt them down. Who knows.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Good deal there Rufus. I'm charging my battery right now. I'm on vacation so I should get some things done. Hopefully onv the road in the next month.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
NicMK3;1908690 said:
When where and what is it?

Nic
TX2K is also known as Texas Supra Nationals and is basically a large scale Supra meet. As I understand it, it started off as a Supra only meet but now all types of makes show up and compete. The event lasts an entire weekend this year is gonna be from March 14th-17th. They have drag contest, dyno, bikini, parties, and a lot of them street race at night. All the Supra heavy hitters show up like Titan, UGR, MVP, Hennessey, Boost Logic, etc. bring out their built cars and run them. A lot of the cars that attend are pushing well over 1000hp and several top out the dyno at 1500hp . If you want to see some video footage of last year's turn out; just get on Youtube and type in TX2K12 so you can get an idea. I'm in no way thinking of competing but i would like to check out the event and see some fast cars do what they do best. The turnout has always gotten better and better so it should not disappoint ::w00t::

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1908004 said:
Need any help? Did you get that mid pipe done?

I just got it in the garage, and it looks like it should be easy to mock up. It pretty much a staight shot. I was thinking of using a couple of flanges, some 3 inch pipe, and a flex pipe. It

NicMK3

Oct 8, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
Hey guys trying to figure out which route. I should take on a new speedometer, I see a lot of guys using the aftermarket electronic speedos, but I don't know what they are classified as. Mine is out of service and and preferably I'd like to get a stock one and reset the mileage back to zero considering I have zero miles on my new motor.

Nic

B shaw

Jan 9, 2013
Tx
I know this is a San Antonio thread, but seeing as how it's still in Texas I would hope I'm not in the wrong by asking a question.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if any reputable tuners in the cen tex area that's on par with boostlogic/tuning concepts as far as tuning a mk3 turbo. I just finished break in miles in my build and would like to have it retuned. My last tune was at tuning concepts, but seeing as how I'm in Killeen and military frowns on giving you time during the work week to get your vehicle tuned I'm a little limited on time(save for holidays or a rare early release). I have no issues or problems with tuning concepts, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a tuner on the same level that would be a little closer.

Again I'm sorry if this is the wrong area.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
B shaw;1908999 said:
I know this is a San Antonio thread, but seeing as how it's still in Texas I would hope I'm not in the wrong by asking a question.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if any reputable tuners in the cen tex area that's on par with boostlogic/tuning concepts as far as tuning a mk3 turbo. I just finished break in miles in my build and would like to have it retuned. My last tune was at tuning concepts, but seeing as how I'm in Killeen and military frowns on giving you time during the work week to get your vehicle tuned I'm a little limited on time(save for holidays or a rare early release). I have no issues or problems with tuning concepts, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a tuner on the same level that would be a little closer.

Again I'm sorry if this is the wrong area.

The only other tuner i know of in the Austin area is MZM tuning. I haven't dealt with them personally but a co-worker of mine had his Evo tuned there and loves his tune. I've actually driven his car and the response is very tight. Little tap of the gas pedal and it wants to dig all 4 in go. What's your hp goals?