San antonio

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
aerojock;1886744 said:
Hey guys I am trying to have a small meet and greet on November 10th in Blanco. This is about half way between Austin and San Antonio to make it fair to people around central Texas. The plane is to meet at the town square at around 10:00am, chat for a while then head to Driftwood and have some BBQ at the Salt lick. This is not limited to Supras so invite your friends. This will be a no rain event, cold is ok but no rain. Come out if you can. So far there are a few MarkII supra coming and maybe some other sports cars. Reply to this thread please if you can make it.

I just remembered who you were Jim! I met you at that Austin meetup awhile back. I had the silver 1JZ MKII. How is the car doin? I wish I could make to this meetup. The parade will definitely be interesting. I've got some things I need to take care of in town that weekend though.

Looks like I'm finally gonna be getting back into the game guys! Haven't had time, money, or motivation to do much of anything car related since the Supra was stolen months back. But the SC300 is going to be getting a full teardown and rebuild in the coming months. Just picked up an 01 GS300 as a daily. Here are some pics from the dealer. I'll be getting some proper pics soon.
dghPu.jpg

zMuMK.jpg

IIpUK.jpg

0XNZf.jpg

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
slopra;1887600 said:
Haven't had time, money, or motivation to do much of anything car related since the Supra was stolen months back. QUOTE]

Man that Stinks. The was a silver 85 listed at the pic n pull in SAT. Maybe you should check it out.

I checked the web site and it's still listed.

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
I emailed the point of contact for the parade and she would like the info by the 6th. So if I could get the numbers of how many are going that would be great.

Jim

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
There are some drivers from the Celicasupra forum comind and I was wonder if some are on both site. I want aas accurate of a count as I can get.

" got a bunc of guys coming from sa. i think a couple evos, a couple maximas, a speed3, and either a gtr or a civic(depending what the guy decides to drive), also they want to get spirited on the hill country if thats fine with everyone else. " this is from the cilicsupra forum.

I need a count by the 5th if you can get that for me.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
aerojock;1889174 said:
There are some drivers from the Celicasupra forum comind and I was wonder if some are on both site. I want aas accurate of a count as I can get.

" got a bunc of guys coming from sa. i think a couple evos, a couple maximas, a speed3, and either a gtr or a civic(depending what the guy decides to drive), also they want to get spirited on the hill country if thas fine with everyone else. " this is from the cilicsupra forum.

I need a count by the 5th if you can get that for me.
None of these guys have a forum account and they haven't mentioned anything about getting invited by someone else so I don't think its the same people. I'll get you the count by the 5th, a couple of them need to check their schedules on Monday to be sure they got the days off.

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
OK so if the parade starts at 10:eek:o am lets plan to meet at 9:00 at the state park. We will wait to see who shows up then head over. I am waiting for final word from the parade coordinater as to when and where to line up. There is a fund raiser afterwards or we can head to the Salt Lick after the parade, you all can pick.

I will post the line up info when I get it.

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
Here is the latest info I have on times from Roxanna. I copied it from my email. Does this work for everyone? If everyone meets at the park by 9:00 it should work.

James,
Again, Thank You for your support. We will line up at the Blancoe High School on FM 1623 4-5 blocks west from the red light downtown and across from the football field. Line up will be at 9:30-9:45 am. There will be a person there for sign in. Thank you so much and we will see you Saturday am.
Roxanna
512-627-0584

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Here's the count on my end. It will be me in my Supra, my dad in his C5 Vette, my friend in his MK5 Jetta, and my other friend in his CTS-V. I have yet to hear from some of the other guys but these are the ones that have confirmed they'll make it Saturday.

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
Some of the guys on the other forum might have trouble making the parade. If that is true we can meet them after the parade or just skip the parade and meet with them at a later time. Everyone seems to be coming from SAT. I can do either or both.

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
So far it looks like 6 for the parade and some to join up after the parade at the park. If some of your friends don't want to make the parade they can still meet us at the park between 10:30 - 11:00.

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
Well tomorrow is the day. Those who are planning to make the parade meet at Blanco State Park between 9:00 -9:30am. Don't forget to decorate your car patriotic. (stars, ribbons etc).

Those who are just going to join the ride meet at the park between 11:00 - 11:30. We will chat for a while then head to lunch at the Salt Lick. When Lunch winds down it will be time to make for home. It should be a great day.

Jim.

P.S. It would have to be in the 80s tomorrow, My Supra just blew and a/c line. I don't have time to fix it.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
aerojock;1891025 said:
Well tomorrow is the day. Those who are planning to make the parade meet at Blanco State Park between 9:00 -9:30am. Don't forget to decorate your car patriotic. (stars, ribbons etc).

Those who are just going to join the ride meet at the park between 11:00 - 11:30. We will chat for a while then head to lunch at the Salt Lick. When Lunch winds down it will be time to make for home. It should be a great day.

Jim.

P.S. It would have to be in the 80s tomorrow, My Supra just blew and a/c line. I don't have time to fix it.

My A/C just went down as well so i know what you mean.

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
Thanks to those who showed up for this little meet and greet.

To those who drove in the parade to honor our veterans I give you a heart felt thanks.

It was nice to meet everyone at the park after the parade. I am sorry there was not more time to visit and show off our cars and swap stories, maybe next time.

I have to say I enjoyed seeing all the cars in the drive but especially the MKII Supras. You just don't see them very often.

I hope you enjoyed the drive and the BBQ at the Salt Lick.

Thanks again.

Jim

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
aerojock;1891583 said:
Thanks to those who showed up for this little meet and greet.

To those who drove in the parade to honor our veterans I give you a heart felt thanks.

It was nice to meet everyone at the park after the parade. I am sorry there was not more time to visit and show off our cars and swap stories, maybe next time.

I have to say I enjoyed seeing all the cars in the drive but especially the MKII Supras. You just don't see them very often.

I hope you enjoyed the drive and the BBQ at the Salt Lick.

Thanks again.

Jim

Don't mention it, I personally had a blast!! The cruise was awesome and I agree with you about not seeing too many MK2 Supras on the road anymore. Salt Lick was an excellent choice for a stop (im still digesting the BBQ). I will post the pictures I took soon (i have to resize them). I'll hopefully see you in Austin if you decided to take the Hill Sprints.

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
Hey maybe some of you guys can help me. I need parts for my r154 on my jz, clutch release hub assembly, clutch fork and bolt, I also need flywheel and clutch bolts. I want to drive my 2j already!