San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
How's it coming along Darrell? Any good news?

I haven't been able to get into the garage yet. Today I have a chance too, but today is my relax day before I go back to work. I might finish up the last two cylinders of valve seals and call it a day. Might. I need to hurry and put this car back together. It makes no sense to have this car down for two weeks because of my laziness. Or has it been three weeks already?

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Hey guys,
Sad day on the southeast side of San Antonio. Finally did a leakdown test on the Supra. Tester reads 70% leakage. So i start to listen for the hissing and.....(as i put my head down and cry) its coming from the ventilation hose.....shizz....then i take the dipstick out and.....shizzzz....i hear air. Well I'm going to be down for a bit. I just want to pick up this car and toss it outta my garage!!!

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1885601 said:
That sucks. Ok, what's the game plan Darrell?

Wellll.....I'm going to check the rest of the cylinders. If they're fine I'm going to pull the engine.....again. Strip it down to the short block. Take the short block to a machine shop....probably Millers....and get there opinion on what to do. Hopefully they give me the same advice you gave Rufus. While engine is out paint the engine bay. Primer and paint car. Talk or plead my case to the finance spouse and get the Driftmotion 57 trim turbo kit and a 3in exhaust w/high flow cat. Put engine back together.......easy......right.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I've been wanting to go to coffee and cars for a long long time. I'll be busy this weekend though. Going car shopping so I can have a daily and the SC will finally get the teardown and rebuild it deserves lol

Probably gonna pick up a GS300, gotta keep it JZ!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
Hey guys I am trying to have a small meet and greet on November 10th in Blanco. This is about half way between Austin and San Antonio to make it fair to people around central Texas. The plane is to meet at the town square at around 10:00am, chat for a while then head to Driftwood and have some BBQ at the Salt lick. This is not limited to Supras so invite your friends. This will be a no rain event, cold is ok but no rain. Come out if you can. So far there are a few MarkII supra coming and maybe some other sports cars. Reply to this thread please if you can make it .

Jim.

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
Yup. I asked the coordinater for route info and all I got back was an entry aplication and how she would love us to enter. I am not sure if anyone thinks their cars a parade ready though, so thats why I am asking.

aerojock

Sep 11, 2010
Austin
Well the meet I was planning was just for any one, not type specific.

My car will pass for a parade.

I say leave it to the rest of the people going. If they want to join the parade in I am ok with that, if they just want to get together and then go far a drive and lunch I am ok with that too.

Jim

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
aerojock;1886946 said:
Great! Let me know how many.

All the guys I've spoken to want to participate in the parade, they just need to figure out their schedules to confirm their attendance. Here is the count so far Evo III, Cadillac CTSV, my dad's C5 Corvette, MK4 Supra, a tricked out cargo DJ truck, a turbo Jetta, and my Supra