San antonio

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
What changes you making to the interior? Also take your time on the heli coils.

Has anyone used dynomat or any other sound deading material on their car? I'm thinking of using some and want to know if anyone has had a noticeable change in noise.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
satx88supra;1881095 said:
What changes you making to the interior? Also take your time on the heli coils.
I'm changing the steering wheel, the door panel cloth piece to leather on the door and the rear seat area, some door sills, aluminum dead pedal, aluminum e-brake handle, and new Targa top seals.

I've never used dynamat but I've heard it does wonders

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Well I only got as far as fixing the paint screw up this weekend and changing out the steering wheel. My grandpa came into town from Mexico so I had to ration my time. I did buy something that i know most of you will say its not only useless but an expensive piece, but I found it at the right price and it looked so sexy that I was powerless to say no and had to take it. ::shrug::

trd.jpg

trd1.jpg

I know its not a straigth bolt on and i'll have to do a bit of custom work to get it fitted but I think the "bling" factor will be well worth it!! :biggrinbo

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Ok guys...part call..
Anyone have a spare set of 440 injectors (really just 1)? I believe I have a bad in injector and would like a loner to verify. If its an injector would be willing to buy the set so you want have and odd number of injectors.

^nice bling factor

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Ok im just about done dealing with 7M's!!!! Did a compression test on the car......No.1 cylinder @ 65psi!!!! Going to try a leak down test first to see if its valves.....which i hope and think it is.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Darrell, when ya planning on pulling the head. I'd like to come over and help you out with that cause I'm curious to find out if it is a valve not seating correctly issue. LMK when you're going to pull it.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Ok Rufus. Well i did get the valve covees off and took some preliminary measurements and it's indicating that No.1 valve clearances are really tight. I used the 0.063mm feeler gauge and it wouldnt slide through. That's a thin azz gauge and it didn't even act like it wanted to slide through. So i'll be back in town Monday and I'm going to need your valve tool to change out those shims. Will you be available Monday to help me measure and swap out those shims?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I saw your other thread about the really tight clearances. On both the intake and exhaust valves in #1 cylinder? The cam lobes are pointing completely away from the shims when measuring them right? Just checking cause I can't see how valve clearances would suddenly decided to close the gap on their own.
I'll check to see if Miriam has an evening class that night. If not then yeah, I'll be over.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
1988ma70supra;1881520 said:
Well I only got as far as fixing the paint screw up this weekend and changing out the steering wheel. My grandpa came into town from Mexico so I had to ration my time. I did buy something that i know most of you will say its not only useless but an expensive piece, but I found it at the right price and it looked so sexy that I was powerless to say no and had to take it. ::shrug::

View attachment 61473

View attachment 61474

I know its not a straigth bolt on and i'll have to do a bit of custom work to get it fitted but I think the "bling" factor will be well worth it!! :biggrinbo

Nice! I have one for my SC. Basically brand new for a really good deal too.

Please tell me someone here has or knows where I can get a JZA70 ECU this weekend!! Or where I can get these capacitors. Just one of each. And before you say it, RadioShack doesn't have all of these and Intertex isn't open on the weekends

15 uF @ 35 volts
220 uF @ 10 volts
100 uF @ 10 volts
33 uF @ 35 volts
47 uF @ 63 volts

Besides that, what's goin on guys? Been awhile since I've been on here.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
No, Altex doesn't carry that kind of stuff. I used to work there and we would have to turn people away all the time and tell them to go to Intertex lol

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Well I'm gonna have to do a little welding to make the strut bar fit but that was expected.

I just drove down Military and it seems like they are starting to cruise on Sunday night's again, any of you guys noticed this or did I stumble upon a one time deal....... :dunno:

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
It barely fit on mine and its meant for that chassis lol I had to lift the front to take load off the suspension to get it on.

And it seems like I've been getting more texts and FB messages recently about meets and cruises going down. I haven't been to a meet or cruise or the track in forever though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
slopra;1883467 said:
It barely fit on mine and its meant for that chassis lol I had to lift the front to take load off the suspension to get it on.

And it seems like I've been getting more texts and FB messages recently about meets and cruises going down. I haven't been to a meet or cruise or the track in forever though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mine is about three quarters of an inch longer than the mounting studs and there's a metal piece that hangs a bit low on the underside that will get in the way of the TEMS actuators. I plan on keeping the TEMS so i'm gonna grind that down a bit for clearance. I think its going to come out pretty clean since the actuators will now sit tucked under the bar making them look a little less awkward.

Same here, if the weather isn't crappy again like the past two months have been, i'll be going to Coffee and Cars this month. I am getting a few friends together and are gonna be going to Hot Import Night in Dallas on December 15th; if anyone else is down for an early getaway before Christmas let me know :naughty: