San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I've searched high and low inside the house and garage. I used to have a Saab bypass valve with hoses and all ready to hook up. It even made that magical "WOOOO!" sound right as boost was about to build. I just can't find it. I'm afraid that I might have thrown it away long ago when I was cleaning out the garage. If I do find it I'll let you know Darrell.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
my egr cooling block is leaking again....should i just block it off? i heard with the US computer it causes a lean condition mid throttle.

never mind im keeping the egr...anyone have an extra egr block gasket?

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
David I just checked to see what was left of my gasket set and I do not have one.

Darrell, I can't find that Bosch bypass valve anywhere. Oh, and tell you friend with the IPL 370z that I'm looking to go back to San Antonio Raceway. If he's not afraid of a little challenge from a 20+ year old antiquated sports car then come on down. Unless of course he too.... chicken!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I want to go, but not in this hot ass weather. I'm looking for the next Midnight Madness event so I can run at night when the temps cool down. It looks like there will be another MM Saturday September 8th. Gates open at 8pm, racing starts at 9pm-2am. Next one after that is Sept. 22nd. I'll definately let you guys know.

You gonna run your car that night? I'd like to see it fly down the track.

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
You guys should let me know when your all cruising out to sar and Il try to cruise by also. Saw a primered mkiii last time I went but didn't watch it run.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1870573 said:
Darrell, I can't find that Bosch bypass valve anywhere. Oh, and tell you friend with the IPL 370z that I'm looking to go back to San Antonio Raceway. If he's not afraid of a little challenge from a 20+ year old antiquated sports car then come on down. Unless of course he too.... chicken!

Thats fine Rufus......just something else to upgrade. I also talked to my buddy about going to SAR.....all i heard was cluckin'!! So i dont know yet. I'll keep trying to rile him up and shame him into going.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Shame him, lol. I don't think he'll ever come out to the dragstrip. I'm not willing to run him on the streets either. Can't risk it. So this race will probably never happened.

BTW, I figured out why that Aeromotive AFPR wasn't working. My friend had an eight inch section of hose on it for the drain line. That drain line was clogged with what I'm assuming was mud dauber's hive. I was taking off the fittings so I could send it to Aeromotive Fuel Inc, so one of their techs could take a look at it. I decided to blow some compressed air throught that drain line and whole bunch of shit flew out of it. I told you he had the thing sitting out in the open in the country for nearly two years. And that crybaby tried to blame me for it not working. BTW, the stock FPR is handling 16psi @ 10.9 AFR. I get fuel cut at 17psi, so 16psi it is for now. It feels pretty good now, and I'm hoping to improve on my 1/4 e.t.'s. We shall soon see.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Well I've been trying to cover up the brittle and exposed wires in my engine bay and noticed that the CPS clip was on its last leg so i got one from drift motion and Oxygen sensor clip is pretty much destroyed from the heat. :nono: I'm gonna buy a new sensor but i need the pigtail that comes from the harness. Do you guys happen to have a spare one or know where to source one? Mine is the 3 prong style.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I have a question for everybody. Would you guys rather meet up at SAR for test and tune night, or a Midnight Madness event?

T&T nights racing starts at 6:30pm 'til 11pm on Weds, and 6:30 - midnight on Fridays.
Midnight Madness is on Saturday's and racing starts at 9pm-2am.

I'm kinda leaning toward T&T Friday night. Not this Friday though. What are your thoughts?

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Let ask this. What is proper breakin on a rebuilt engine? I got about 1000 miles on mine. I leaning towards playin it safe and put some more easy miles on it before stomppin it. If you dont mind being seen with a Supra with 4-5 colors on it im down. Just a cruise no race for me.