San antonio

stonecoretx

Dec 21, 2009
Texas
lol i sold a 88 crx hf for my ma70. one of the best decisions i've ever made... eccept for the fact that the crx had a practically bulletproof motor. *thinks of his 7m and sighs*

and on a side note, i moved from DFW to N. Austin. it's nice to know so many supra owners are in this area. just yesterday (pardon my stereotype) I met a mexican that bairly knew english with a imaculate 7m mk2 , he says he owns a mk3 but doesnt run.
coolest dude ever, seemed to really like supras.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
That sounds good six supras heading north.

If you ever find a polished intake manifold for a good price buy it. Just a little advice. Trust me it will be worth it. Because man is it a pain in the ass!!!!!!
p1614146_1.jpg

Last edited:

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
stonecoretx;1613611 said:
(pardon my stereotype) I met a mexican that bairly knew english with a imaculate 7m mk2 , he says he owns a mk3 but doesnt run.
coolest dude ever, seemed to really like supras.

There is a Nicaraguan dude here in SA that is really into Mk3s too.
Can't hardly understand half of what he says, me with no ear drums left, and him with english as a second language, but we get by.
And I have a couple of Porta Rican buddies that are deep into Corollas.
I always do better with them face to face, as talking over the phone is almost impossible.
Add that to friends in Germany, and Japan, and there is a lot of 'what?s' in talking to them all.......

Supras are quite universal :icon_bigg

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
S.A. supra;1614146 said:
That sounds good six supras heading north.

If you ever find a polished intake manifold for a good price buy it. Just a little advice. Trust me it will be worth it. Because man is it a pain in the ass!!!!!!
p1614786_1.jpg

woohoo can't wait.

what method did you use on the manifold? it looks good

CT26smoker;1614758 said:
There is a Nicaraguan dude here in SA that is really into Mk3s too.
Can't hardly understand half of what he says, me with no ear drums left, and him with english as a second language, but we get by.
And I have a couple of Porta Rican buddies that are deep into Corollas.
I always do better with them face to face, as talking over the phone is almost impossible.
Add that to friends in Germany, and Japan, and there is a lot of 'what?s' in talking to them all.......

Supras are quite universal :icon_bigg

theres a mexican here with a primered mk3 that looks pretty bad but a built 7m with a big single on it. I wanna say 60 trim? I talked to him at a meet awhile back and getting past the language barrier was kinda tough but all I had to do was pop my hood and he knew exactly what I had.
Supras are pretty universal and just cars in general kinda are, it's almost like a second language

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
That's just 80 grit sand paper, with some help from a dremal. I am just getting out all the pits. Which I guess is the hard part. I still have to go over it with the finer sand paper, and then polish it.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
S.A. supra;1614818 said:
That's just 80 grit sand paper, with some help from a dremal. I am just getting out all the pits. Which I guess is the hard part. I still have to go over it with the finer sand paper, and then polish it.

Sweet, lookin good so far then. The more grits you use the smoother it will be in the end

I don't think I'm goin r154 yet :( I could probably barely pull it off with the cash I have or I could get a w58 out of a '92 sc300 with 80k miles for 500 bucks and have money left to do stuff I actually need like tie rods and brake work and then lastly maybe a few go fast parts. The w58 out of that car should have the steel sandwich plate with the slightly beefed up internals
I can't wait till tax season...should have a couple grand comin my way...tranny swap...single turbo...tuning concepts tune...MAYBE a paint job. We'll see :)

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
san supra;1615141 said:
anyone have hood struts?
im to lazy to buy them from the store and i would rather give yall the money.
I have a pair!! Just let me know when you need them. They're pretty new, i only had them on my hood for about 6 months before i put the carbon fiber hood on and couldn't use them anymore.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

tsavenged;1615103 said:
Sweet, lookin good so far then. The more grits you use the smoother it will be in the end

I don't think I'm goin r154 yet :( I could probably barely pull it off with the cash I have or I could get a w58 out of a '92 sc300 with 80k miles for 500 bucks and have money left to do stuff I actually need like tie rods and brake work and then lastly maybe a few go fast parts. The w58 out of that car should have the steel sandwich plate with the slightly beefed up internals
I can't wait till tax season...should have a couple grand comin my way...tranny swap...single turbo...tuning concepts tune...MAYBE a paint job. We'll see :)
I have an R154 here but it does need a rebuild. I took it out because it was starting to slip out of 1st gear. Some of the guys here told me it was just the thrust washer but i would just do a rebuild since the transmission will need to be taken apart to get to it anyway. Let me know if your interested

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Yea I would be really interested if it would be drop in and go.
But for my mk2 I need to get a new clutch kit and flywheel, knock out the tunnel get an auto tranny mount, cut the shifter hole and get a custom driveshaft. It'll be close to 1200 by the time I'm done probably or for 550 I drop in the w58 to last me until spring/summer time next year. If you still have it by that time ill definitely hit you up about that and the flywheel

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
san supra;1615141 said:
anyone have hood struts?
im to lazy to buy them from the store and i would rather give yall the money.

I just bought some for $15 a piece.

tsavenged;1615185 said:
Yea I would be really interested if it would be drop in and go.
But for my mk2 I need to get a new clutch kit and flywheel, knock out the tunnel get an auto tranny mount, cut the shifter hole and get a custom driveshaft. It'll be close to 1200 by the time I'm done probably or for 550 I drop in the w58 to last me until spring/summer time next year. If you still have it by that time ill definitely hit you up about that and the flywheel
God damn..... yeah I would stay w58.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
goin to drop off my new fender at the body shop today to get painted and getting a newer w58 sometime this week :)
tie rods and brake rotors/pads on order

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
tsavenged;1615283 said:
goin to drop off my new fender at the body shop today to get painted and getting a newer w58 sometime this week :)
tie rods and brake rotors/pads on order

What shop are you taking it to? I need my hood painted. Any mods?

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
S.A. supra;1615296 said:
What shop are you taking it to? I need my hood painted. Any mods?

I work at benson honda so I'm gonna see what kinda deal the collision center can give me, they quoted me 225 over the phone but they havent seen that the flare has to come off and theres a little bit of work that needs to be done to it. Abe's Paint and Body matched that "quote" at 225, thats for sure including the repairs that need to be done and the removal and installation of the flare. My collision center will do really good work on it but I'm not sure how much they're gonna charge me, gonna ask today. I'll let you know how it goes

Mods? I still want to get a y-pipe and fcd, and some 2jz cams. Maybe I'll have enough left to do some fuel upgrades who knows, we'll see

san supra;1615318 said:
oreillys wanted to charge me $20 and thats with a discount.
where did you pick yours up?

try rock auto

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Ain't this some shit...... I got my car inspected, and was heading up to my place in san Marcos. I stoped at a four way and stall it out. Then my starter decides ti take a shit. I swear if aint one thing its a another.