San antonio

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
S.A. supra;1508708 said:
Unless you have The t stat backwards like last time. Check it spring should be in towards the engine. I got shut down today:nono: I'll be down there tomorrow. What time do you work on monday?

lol ...I figured that when you didn't call.

jrome08

Aug 22, 2009
san antonio
i saw this supra friday about 1035am on 410 around the 10 exit he flew by at about 75 80mph is this any of yall or know who this is haha everything on the outside was stock and it had a muffler on it haha

Attachments

• 0205100936-00.jpg
    0205100936-00.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 15

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
ok I believe I've found the problem. One of the sensors on the thermostat housing is bad or I have some sort of short. Ran it for about an hour with no overheating issues. I will verify the sensor or wiring tomorrow.....maybe not SUPER BOWL. Well on to the next issue! Maybe the bro n law will be in town to help on the next issue....taking to long to start...but runs fine after it starts.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
jrome08;1508901 said:
i saw this supra friday about 1035am on 410 around the 10 exit he flew by at about 75 80mph is this any of yall or know who this is haha everything on the outside was stock and it had a muffler on it haha
Ok I saw david the other day on I35
p1508977_1.jpg

satx88supra;1508931 said:
ok I believe I've found the problem. One of the sensors on the thermostat housing is bad or I have some sort of short. Ran it for about an hour with no overheating issues. I will verify the sensor or wiring tomorrow.....maybe not SUPER BOWL. Well on to the next issue! Maybe the bro n law will be in town to help on the next issue....taking to long to start...but runs fine after it starts.
I'll be down there early, Better have some tacos and coffee
Taco;1508944 said:
yeah got my car running again just have to get the brake lights working whens the next meet
Speaking of tacos what is up? I thought you sold your supra to buy some new pickups and strings. Glad to see your back on the road.We are waiting for jrome to pick a day.

Jrome pick a day for a meet hopefully on a weekend so that i can go.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
well got the car running pretty decent now (I guess). Now time for the little nick picky stuff. Oh...and the issue with the hard starting seems to be improper primming of the fuel. I'm still on the learning cure I guess.....thanks S.A. Supra.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
satx88supra;1509760 said:
well got the car running pretty decent now (I guess). Now time for the little nick picky stuff. Oh...and the issue with the hard starting seems to be improper primming of the fuel. I'm still on the learning cure I guess.....thanks S.A. Supra.

yay now the real work begins...keeping it running

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Well i completely tore down a head. Sent it to duffins to get hot tanked and pressure tested. wish me luck. gonna buy springs retainers and seal.

jrome08

Aug 22, 2009
san antonio
im thinking one of the last saturdays this month lets see which one the most of us can go i dont think ill have my car back up here yet but oh well haha wat yall think

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
jrome08;1510136 said:
im thinking one of the last saturdays this month lets see which one the most of us can go i dont think ill have my car back up here yet but oh well haha wat yall think

The 27th sounds good to me.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
well i dont see a way around pulling the motor.
after pulling everything in the front off and unbolting the t-case it doesnt budge.
i dont think anyone can pull (without breaking it) a t-case that is sandwiched between the oil pan and head torqued to 80lbs and both ends sealed with rtv.

so that is what i am doing friday after all the rain.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
san supra;1510926 said:
well i dont see a way around pulling the motor.
after pulling everything in the front off and unbolting the t-case it doesnt budge.
i dont think anyone can pull (without breaking it) a t-case that is sandwiched between the oil pan and head torqued to 80lbs and both ends sealed with rtv.

so that is what i am doing friday after all the rain.

That sucks

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1511411 said:
That's what I was thinking. Do you need some help Friday?

i always like help!
my friends should be lending a hand but your welcome to come by.
maybe by time you get here i will have it pulled and you can help me with the cam.