San antonio

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Taco;1458362 said:
sorry i like torque
so are you going to drop a 2jz in that other red supra
"you like torque" what do you mean by that. Do you mean you like torque head bolts down? If so, 7m is a good choice.
I joke i joke.......

Nope gonna keep it stock 7mgte.

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
S.A. supra;1458979 said:
It's all good, just some friendly ribbing.

Hey how does the Sun Dec.13th sound? Import face off.
http://www.sanantonioraceway.com/
Anyone want to go?

I get off at 2:05pm on Sundays. Even if I were to go straight from work I'd get there no sooner than 3pm. I really don't want to just catch the tail end of it. That's when they'll have the eliminations. Test and tune will be over and I won't be able to watch you guys run.

EDIT: There's always Midnight Madness Dec. 19th. They have test and tune time before the event. Gates open at 8pm, racing begins at 9pm. Eliminations start at midnight. That may be late for some people, but I could swing that.

Jackpot Bonanza on Sat. Dec. 5th. They have test and tune on that day too. Track will be prepped good for that event. Gates open at 10am. Race starts at 12noon 'til 8pm. I could be there around 2pm for that event.

Last edited:

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
S.A. supra;1460173 said:
I bought 2 2.25 clamp from drift motion that i don't need. anyone what them for free. good if you keep blowing off your ic pipes

hmmm i may need one.
I stripped the shit out of mine because oasis auto sold me ones with two different thread pitches and i got the nuts mixed up.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
san supra;1460531 said:
hmmm i may need one.
I stripped the shit out of mine because oasis auto sold me ones with two different thread pitches and i got the nuts mixed up.

Cool, their yours I'll also give you a coupler that i had from my old 7mgte setup.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
S.A. supra;1460875 said:
Cool, their yours I'll also give you a coupler that i had from my old 7mgte setup.

i guess i can get them when we get together on the 19th? im in no rush cuz mine is still holding.

Suprapowaz!(2) have you had time to touch your car yet?

do you think i can buff my paint even without the clear coat and make it somewhat shinny or even clean looking? what would you do?...yes i know repaint it. haha

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
san supra;1461044 said:
i guess i can get them when we get together on the 19th? im in no rush cuz mine is still holding.

do you think i can buff my paint even without the clear coat and make it somewhat shinny or even clean looking? what would you do?...yes i know repaint it. haha

Haven't touched my car yet. My sons 4th birthday just passed this last Saturday, so I was busy with the party. These last two weeks of school this semester is going to be a little hectic. I'm hoping to get in the garage and get started on something.

You can try to buff it but more than likely you'll just wipe out that basecoat and expose the primer below it.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
san supra;1461044 said:

First use the clay bar, then wax your car by hand using all 3 steps, yes it's alot of work, will take a full day or more, but your paint will look amazing. $30-$40 total, GUARANTEED RESULTS.

p93569z.jpg

p84691b.jpg
p84688b.jpg
p84689b.jpg

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
thanks
i may try that stuff but my problem is i dont even have much of a clear coat and in some places i dont have any.
screw it, it cant look any worse. haha

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
san supra;1461673 said:
thanks
i may try that stuff but my problem is i dont even have much of a clear coat and in some places i dont have any.
screw it, it cant look any worse. haha
Stock red didn't have any clearcoat from the factory, it's a single stage paint. Has your's been repainted before?

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Rajunz;1463296 said:
Stock red didn't have any clearcoat from the factory, it's a single stage paint. Has your's been repainted before?

Really... thats good info.
I know on the passenger side it has been painted but that side still looks good. The driver side is about as faded as it can be and on my pillar there is clear flaky stuff coming off. I really doesn't seem to be repainted. hmmm

are you coming out the the meet on the 19th?

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
I hit fuel cut after i got rid of my 3000 pipe and capped my old bov. It scared me but the car felt better. SWEET! kinda.:biglaugh:

just so you know this is my first sports car and ive never had friends with fast cars, so this car is fast for me. haha

Last edited:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Rajunz;1463296 said:

My 89 has clear coat That is peeling on the hood and one of the head light covers. I don't know if it's factory paint or if it has been repainted. It looks to be the original.

san supra;1463712 said:
I hit fuel cut after i got rid of my 3000 pipe and capped my old bov. It scared me but the car felt better. SWEET! kinda.:biglaugh:

just so you know this is my first sports car and ive never had friends with fast cars, so this car is fast for me. haha

You hit fuel cut or boost cut? When I had my white supra it would hit boost cut at 11 psi if i remember correctly.