San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Spotted a pre '89 Blue MKIII pulling out of a carwash on Ingram near Timberhill around 8am this morning. I didn't get a good look at the guy, or the car really as it was at a distance from me.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);2006844 said:
Spotted a pre '89 Blue MKIII pulling out of a carwash on Ingram near Timberhill around 8am this morning. I didn't get a good look at the guy, or the car really as it was at a distance from me.

Did you happen to notice if it was a two tone? I saw one passing by on 410 going south while i was going north, I was also in my Supra and he noticed me as well as he flashed his lights at me.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
1988ma70supra;2007073 said:
Did you happen to notice if it was a two tone? I saw one passing by on 410 going south while i was going north, I was also in my Supra and he noticed me as well as he flashed his lights at me.

No, wasn't two tone. I barely saw the guy because I was turning while he was just pulling out of the car wash bay.

dizzYflight

Feb 18, 2014
Utah
Sup guys! came across this thread when browsing through the forums. Anywho, I plan on moving down to San Antonio in about a yearish time if everything goes as is. I was in san antonio exactly 2 months ago and saw a black non turbo mk3 in the downtown area.

Not sure how much it would be to transport my supra down yet. I'm tempted to drive it, but through the winter time cause no a/c haha. I see you guys had a meet! I've had no luck finding really many other mk3's up here in utah. granted i haven't looked so hard, but it would be fun to meet up with some other mk3 owners down there. My girlfriend worries that I wont make friends but I'm thinking, if I find some other car people, i'll fit in just fine.
Anyways, here's to hoping moving down there and taking the supra too actually works out!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Welcome to the forums. What's bringing you to San Antonio? There's a few of us here, and are all pretty nice guys. Except for one that has the wrong engine in his MKIII, but we forgive him. You'll fit right in. Any pics of the beauty?

dizzYflight

Feb 18, 2014
Utah
I'd be coming down to move in with the girlfriend. I'm also sick of our winters up here haha. I know I'll miss the mountains and those canyon roads but, in the one week I was in Texas, (my first time down there too!) I loved it. I miss it already too.

10300876_10152492035086214_4444236152735527025_n.jpg

1897856_10152299590736214_1088151977_n.jpg

Wow that made me realize I lack pictures of the supra. but here are a couple of it and the daily.

http://instagram.com/p/oPFeAtupNy/

http://instagram.com/p/oK6K0EupMc/

dunno if those instagram links will work, but i'll just leave those there.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Did you come during the summer? You might wanna hold off on the love. It's hot as the devils underwear during the summer. But there's always a pool, weekend coast trip for that.

LG O.G.

dizzYflight

Feb 18, 2014
Utah
satx88supra;2008091 said:
Did you come during the summer? You might wanna hold off on the love. It's hot as the devils underwear during the summer. But there's always a pool, weekend coast trip for that.

LG O.G.

haha well it was 93 degrees one day I was there and I loved it. It was 100ish degrees for about 2 weeks straight up here and I had a black mk2 with no a/c and I survived. Then again, I guess you guys do have this thing called "humidity."

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
dizzYflight;2008093 said:
It was 100ish degrees for about 2 weeks straight up here and I had a black mk2 with no a/c and I survived.

lol, 2 weeks. We're talking an easy three months straight of 100+... not "ish". BTW, those mountains look beautiful. You're going to miss that. Any pics or vids of these canyon carving roads? We have the Hillcountry we cruise every once in a while, but I bet there nothing like the roads you guys have.

Oh, and would you happen to know what side of town you'll be moving to?

dizzYflight

Feb 18, 2014
Utah
Suprapowaz!(2);2008095 said:
lol, 2 weeks. We're talking an easy three months straight of 100+... not "ish". BTW, those mountains look beautiful. You're going to miss that. Any pics or vids of these canyon carving roads? We have the Hillcountry we cruise every once in a while, but I bet there nothing like the roads you guys have.

Oh, and would you happen to know what side of town you'll be moving to?

haha yep looks like i'm going to burn up like a mofo. and yeah from what I understand, dry heat isn't as bad as humid heat. so.. that'll be Real fun. I'm hoping I like it better than our winters and... salt on the roads ugh.

I'll miss the snow drifting and yes, those canyon roads and for SURE I will miss the mountains. If it's a hot day, a simple drive up the canyon and it's nice n cool. The only video i've taken was in my mk2, wasnt in a mtn either. I'll post it though. I need to get a new housing for the gopro.. that or a new gopro.

[video=youtube;xMDj87WB5rw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMDj87WB5rw&list=UUBOIdCyMtKCr6EboiJVfLbg[/video]

It would most likely be on the north side up near the 1604 and Huebner Rd.

dizzYflight

Feb 18, 2014
Utah
Suprapowaz!(2);2008102 said:
Nice drive. That cruise looks a lot like our Hillcountry roads. Very nice area you'll be moving into.

Thanks! Yeah that was a random road about.. 35 miles north of SLC, so. more plain. I'll get a mountain canyon driving vid up soon enough. probably in the focus. Not sure I trust the supra for that kind of drive yet. Its tough cause the good canyon roads are typically busy so I get stuck behind slow people.

OH so here on friday nights, it's not nearly as popular as it used to be but I'd say it still goes pretty strong. Everyone gets their "racecar" out to cruise up and down state street, race lights to lights.. well, usually most people meet up at a gas station to show off each others cars and go meet up and race somewhere. Does that tradition or anything like that go on in San Antonio?

I'm also looking forward to the lower altitude! my focus felt so much quicker down there!

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
To comment on the "street racing" is pretty frowned upon by the PoPo's here. Easy ticket and possible car towed. There is a drag strip about 25miles east of San Antonio that people go race at.....no cops no tickets. Not saying there are some but I'm not gonna point you in that direction. Some guys go to an early morning meet ups at different places just to admire each others cars and may cruise somewhere. There's also many other meets on an annual base in SA and other cities......Austin, Houston.

LG O.G.

Last edited:

dizzYflight

Feb 18, 2014
Utah
satx88supra;2008111 said:
To comment on the "street racing" is pretty frowned upon by the PoPo's here. Easy ticket and possible car towed. There is a drag strip about 25miles east of San Antonio that people go race at.....no cops no tickets. Not saying there are some but I'm not gonna point you in that direction. Some guys go to an early morning meet ups at different places just to admire each others cars and may cruise somewhere. There's also many other meets on an annual base in SA and other cities......Austin, Houston.

LG O.G.

Yeahh street racing is very frowned upon here too. I'm not planning on street racing myself either. I'd rather do it legally. I just love cruising with other drivers.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Yeah the cops have tripled since the good o'le days when people used to race light to light on a street called Military Dr. I'm not gonna lie and say i never participated back in the day cuz i did many times. Since then the fines have more than doubled and the penalties much stricter so its really not worth it especially since the track is not far away. I extend the early welcome to San Antonio and to the forum as well. That cruise up the mountains looks awesome!!!

I try and go on cruises as many times as i can; and try and take some of these other guys as well. The hill country cruises are very neat, although not Supra specific, you get to see some pretty neat cars though. There is also a cruise that's more like a road course called the Three Twisted Sisters that is pretty fun if you want something more challenging. Here's a vid from one of the cruises i attended a while back.

[video=youtube;GiVPhYBgnF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiVPhYBgnF4[/video]

We'll see you when you get here!!