SAFC II blue wire used for monitoring VF signal??

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
I know this wire isnt used in our car because we are karmen air flow meters. But is it possible to hook this wire up to the Vf signal in the ecu to monitor vf signal in the signal check part of the SAFC or will this mess things up??

Im just wondering if the SAFC will try and do anything with the wire hooked up therefore messing up the ecu??

Just an idea cause my volt meter is f'd and I thought this could be a possibility. If not no big deal.

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
I have the blue wire hooked up on mine. The SAFC is the newer Apexi version. I can't tell you where I hooked it to the harness (VF wire coming out of the ECU)because I don't have the manual in front of me. I cannot get any reading anywhere I look on my SAFC screen. What does this tell you? I don't know if you can, but I have read articles saying you can.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
bluepearl said:
I have the blue wire hooked up on mine. The SAFC is the newer Apexi version. I can't tell you where I hooked it to the harness (VF wire coming out of the ECU)because I don't have the manual in front of me. I cannot get any reading anywhere I look on my SAFC screen. What does this tell you? I don't know if you can, but I have read articles saying you can.

you can find it or it just doesnt read it?

if your looking to check it you go to

etc
sensor check

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
so i connected my blue wire to the Kv input wire and the input 2 disply under the sensor check seems to be reading 4.48. I took it around the block and the display started jumping around from 1.2 to 2.53. to 4. very spurratlically(spell check). I think it may be the signal were looking for but im not completely sure.

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
Cya, thats the right signal. I just checked mine with a VOM hooked up at the diagnosis block. Input 2, just as you said. Now I need someone to explain to me how I can buffer that signal so it's a little more stable. Thanks!