S2k digi dash retrofit

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
So I got 2 ap1 digital dashes on their way one with pigtails one without. I will be converting one to green led hence the spare. Also on order is a real cf panel I will be cutting with a waterjet to neatly fit the s2k dash along with a defi boost and an innovate afr gauge and possibly a LCD screen. I have been doing research and looking up pinouts and believe this to be a fiarly straightforward wiring swap also i am running a stinger ecu so to simplify things I will just use one of the provided outputs to drive the tach.
Also I need to convert the cable driven speed signal to something I can use digitally.. I think I have found such thing.
http://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/parts-upgrade/vehicle-speed-sensor-mci
This should work yes?
Also if needed I have a speedohealer v4 pulled from my bike I will use to correct the speed signal to display proper mph's
I will keep this thread updated as I go along and welcome any helpful info and opinions.
I am also finishing my 2j nat swap and have a family that take precedence so please be patient I will update as soon as I have free time.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

antigram

May 30, 2010
breda
Hey, I got that marlin crawler converter as well. Im planning to install it tomorrow to see how it fits.

The site i used for installing my s2000 cluster in my cr-x: http://www.marklamond.co.uk/products/s2000/install/install.htm

I used this site to wire up my digidash in the supra, got all the pinouts there of the original cluster:

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum...logue-digital-dash-conversion-vice-versa.html

I myself used the speedohealer and a modifry to get it working in the cr-x.

Good luck mate!

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
Well just placed an order through marlin Crawler for the speed converter and also a 2x2twill sheet of cf. I should have all I need now. Just awaiting parts ..

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
Quick update! Got both clusters and did my first mockup... looks like it will fit perfect dimension wise and I think it fits very well design wise. I'm glad I decided this route!

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318287671888.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318287671888.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 195
  • uploadfromtaptalk1318287697779.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318287697779.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 274

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
Just a rough cut for now... I got plenty o room to move it to the right...I'm going to put it in the dash to get.the final location then probably wind up making a fiberglass enclosure then carbon fiber to make it all pretty in front...

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
ill try and get some pics up today.. haven't done anything as the flu or cold or whatever has been running through my family and I got it now.... I'm definately going to have to fg the cluster as there isn't much left of the old one for any support.... I just don't feel like. getting into the fg yet...gonna mock it up in dash and decide if its where I want it....hopefully pics tonight.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Most guys local just use a big sheet of ABS plastic from ebay and use a dremel to cut it out. Usually turns out nice if you cut it nice. That way its uniform for other gauges to go in if you want too.

Also what are you doing about the fuel gauge. Are you going to get the electronic one that the digi dashes use and convert its signal to work?

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
gurley0916;1768620 said:
Most guys local just use a big sheet of ABS plastic from ebay and use a dremel to cut it out. Usually turns out nice if you cut it nice. That way its uniform for other gauges to go in if you want too.

Also what are you doing about the fuel gauge. Are you going to get the electronic one that the digi dashes use and convert its signal to work?

its not the outer part I'm so worried about. I had to cut the supra cluster to almost nothing.. I got nothing to support it or mount it to in the back. ill have to do some fg work or possibly some vacuum molding. then I got some cf I'm gonna cut with a waterjet for the face. some quick pics. wheel all the way up...
aefd5044-aeea-5bb0.jpg

wheel down.
aefd5044-af16-ad6f.jpg

some more...
aefd5044-af2e-eeb7.jpg
aefd5044-af3d-0995.jpg

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
I think I found a solution a guy in the uk. he reprograms the cluster so you can use older style fuel gauge senders and can set the gauge to display wherever you want between full n empty... also he can reprogram it to use older honda temp sensors and am hoping he can make it use the stock 2j sensor...only problem... he is in the uk and it'll cost around 180before shipping..hopefully I can find someone cheaper in the us...