S-AFC prolems with diagram

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
I wired up the safc yesterday like this.
p1095234_1.jpg

and i seem to have some issues.
the car starts up fine, starts off way rich (which is expected when cold), once it warms up it stays a little on the rich side, which is fine. But whenever I push the accelerator pedal it dies or acts like have a bad maf sensor. Another thing that i noticed is whenever i check the sensor voltage menu while running i seems to have tps voltage, but no maf voltage, and whenever i'm in monitor mode i don't seen any change in the karman frequency. I've set these up on a few other cars without issue, which makes this very frustrating. and I've gone over the instructions online over and over again without any success.

thanks
-2quik

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
ok, I figured it out. and boy do they make it difficult to figure out. apexi has the wrong diagram in the safc wiring manuals, you have to look in the installation manual to find the correct wiring for our karman maf sensors.
The orange wire that comes from the safc goes to the maf sensor side of the green wire with the red stripe, and the pink wire from the safc goes on the pcm side of the wire.
BTW on thing that people should be aware of is that the neo does have a slightly different wiring scheme, so you should check with their diagram on the apexi web site.

I hope this helps people out.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Yeah i noticed that when i installed mine last sunday. I was confused because the manuals gave different instructions.