Rx-7 550 Hi Impedance injectors(TII)

CzA

Jan 15, 2007
Toronto
Before i ask my question, i tried doing a search because i know i have seen this topic discussed here before, but i am on page six in the search engine, and less i overlooked it, i can’t see anything.

I know someone who is selling 6 550 Hi Impedance injectors(TII) for 160. Now, my question is, should i buy them (yes i will have them flow tested if i do), or save the money for a set of RC’s? I recall reading good reviews with these injectors in our car, and if all is well, I don’t mind putting them in.

Thanks...

forcefedsupra

aka, Turd Furguson
Jul 19, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
They have to have the number 195500-1370 on them. The plastic clip also has to be tan in color, not red. The little notch on the clip needs to be centered, not offset. I can provide pics if needed.

CzA

Jan 15, 2007
Toronto
Beautiful info. If you don’t mind upping the pics, that would be great. I didn’t know half of the stuff you mentioned were required, so again, thanks for the heads up.

So if all is well with the injectors and they are compatible, are they worth investing in? Do they have any bad reputations behind them?

Thnaks.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
forcefedsupra;1214113 said:
They have to have the number 195500-1370 on them. The plastic clip also has to be tan in color, not red. The little notch on the clip needs to be centered, not offset. I can provide pics if needed.

aren't the 1370's low impedance with different clips needed?

you can also use the 195500-2020 high impedance purple top injectors if you bypass the injector resister pack. i did this for about 3 years. for these to work, you will need to shave the little notch down on the injector and it will fit into your stock clips.

i bought mine for about 20 each and then had them flowtested for another 100.00 or so, but i wouldn't do it again, i would just save for some rc's or pte's.

Terrh

Dec 28, 2008
Windsor
GL finding tan injectors, they were only installed in early 1987 (and all japanese 1986) TII's. In all the rx-7's I've owned (more than 2 dozen) I've only seen 1 set of these.

late 1987/all 1988 (most TII rx-7's were made this way it seems) are red top (orig purple, but they've all faded to red now) with a square plug and top feed. they're "High" impedance, measure out around 12-14 ohms.

1989+ FC injectors are red top as well and have an oval plug/top feed. They're funcionally identical to the earlier injectors, just have a different plug. I'm not sure if they're low or high imp, I've never measured them and don't remember offhand.

If you do buy them GET THEM CLEANED/flowed, I've always had problems with them and so do most people on 7club.

idk if rx-7 orings are compatible, but it's never a bad idea to replace them any time you have the injectors out.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I also vote RC's. No complaints here, either- and age will NOT be a factor in anything.