running rich during idle and cruise after a warmup

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
hey
so basically i have a problem, not sure what it is. so when the car is cold or sat for at least 2-3 hours.

when i start it up it idles and my a/f ratio is fine 14.7 then it goes rich because of the cold start injector (about 5degrees in canada). durigng this time when i drive it its perfectly normal-fluctuating back and forth around 14.7.

then when it warms up say about 20 minuites into the drive it will suddenly go rich to 11.5 or richer and thats during cruise. at idle itl be about 13.5. but i dont see it fluctuating like it does when its running fine.

it use to have code 31 (resoldered from safc wiring) and it never came up again
came up code 21 after a while-soldered to the shielded wire (fixed and wired it correctly) never came up again.
resistance of the oxygen sensor is 0.03ohms- but dosent set the code
anyone have any ideas what it could be?

al lewis

Mar 3, 2007
dominica
roadboy;1827234 said:
hey
so basically i have a problem, not sure what it is. so when the car is cold or sat for at least 2-3 hours.

when i start it up it idles and my a/f ratio is fine 14.7 then it goes rich because of the cold start injector (about 5degrees in canada). durigng this time when i drive it its perfectly normal-fluctuating back and forth around 14.7.

then when it warms up say about 20 minuites into the drive it will suddenly go rich to 11.5 or richer and thats during cruise. at idle itl be about 13.5. but i dont see it fluctuating like it does when its running fine.

it use to have code 31 (resoldered from safc wiring) and it never came up again
came up code 21 after a while-soldered to the shielded wire (fixed and wired it correctly) never came up again.
resistance of the oxygen sensor is 0.03ohms- but dosent set the code
anyone have any ideas what it could be?

I know this is off topic and i cant answer your question but would like some information from you regarding how you wired up your SAFC 2 to your Mines ecu please you could PM me or reply through the thread.