running lean with 550cc and lex afm

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
hey, im running max lean when i installed my 550cc and lex afm together, how come its running lean?
mods are, full 3" exhaust, stock ct26,
im using AEM wideband to measure A/F
anyone know? Thanks
fuel injectors are flow tested and good.

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
hmm just for giggles, didnt run the lex afm, and it actually idles fine, started driving around with only 550cc, when you floor it it goes to rich, when you downshift it goes to lean, am i just good with the fuel injectors alone or will i need the lex afm later on?

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Hey bro at WOT does your fuel pressure drop or do anything funny? When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
im not sure about it dropping when WOT, since i just rebuilt the engine, i didnt change it when i owned it for 3 years, ill prob change it soon.

EDIT:when i start the car, IDLE its at 2.0kg/cm the max it went is 3.0kg/cm halfway down but it wasnt WOT
just with ignition on its at 3.0kg/cm
is this normal?

Last edited:

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
I'd say you should set aside an afternoon and install that Walbro. Did you bypass the J-tube? When I did my Lex-550 mod I did it all at once (RC 550's, Suprasport afm, Walbro 255, aeromotive afpr, bypassed the j-tube) and it was rich as hell until I tuned it. Just a hint, when you drop the tank, it's WAY easier to disconnect the fuel line at the fuel filter than it it do disconnect it at the tank. It's a bit awkward, but that way you don't run the risk of twisting or kinking up the steel line going into the tank.

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
roadboy;1608301 said:
im not sure about it dropping when WOT, since i just rebuilt the engine, i didnt change it when i owned it for 3 years, ill prob change it soon.

EDIT:when i start the car, IDLE its at 2.0kg/cm the max it went is 3.0kg/cm halfway down but it wasnt WOT
is this normal?

Can anyone convert those numbers for me?

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
roadboy;1608301 said:

is this normal?
Idle will depend on how much vacuum you're generating, 3.0kg/cm with just ign on sounds high - the pump isn't even running, so this figure is just what FP it has retained after the pump shut off. Jump B+ and Fp in the diag block, turn the ignition on, then adjust the pressure to 2.4kg/cm. That will set the base FP, then you just need to make sure it will rise/fall 1:1 with manifold pressure by checking your gauge while driving.

I'm not going to spoon feed the rest, because you don't seem to really have any concept of what you're doing.

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
well i just remembered gauges always are preset at normal value, for example when you turn on your gauges boost will always be at 0 untill startup.

but iv been using my safc to tune everything out along with my wideband. been fine since