Rumbly missy idle bad?

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
I took a video of my car idling. It didn't have this before the 550s lex afm mod. However it still drives just normal, pulls amazingly no miss. Just wondering if this is a natural thing and I shouldn't worry about it or what. Also feel like my throttle is a tincy bit different, it comes on a bit harder now than it used to.

[video=youtube;o81bASNjtHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o81bASNjtHw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

It should upload after processing.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
@Nick I showed the cam at the exhaust and the cutout. With hood open you can still hear some of the rumble miss and the engine shakes a lot more than it used it. But I say again still drives perfectly smooth.

@Supra I forgot about the screw thing I remember people mentioning this I have not touched it since I got it. Came out of an LS400 if that tells you anything I"ll look it up.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Emeraldage;2026260 said:
Came out of an LS400 if that tells you anything I"ll look it up.

There is a plug that prevents adjustment of the bypass. Nobody knows the condition of the meter but you. Or how it is hooked up. I say that because you said it happened after the install.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
That screw adjusts the mixture a bit? I'm not sure just looked up some pics. I don't have a o2 sensor feel like I shouldn't touch it tbh. I couldn't really see the screw but I felt it it seems to be pretty far out pretty flush with the surface.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Emeraldage;2026418 said:
it seems to be pretty far out pretty flush with the surface.

Probably for a good reason. This is what the adjustment screw looks like from the factory. Unless you buy from a supplier like Suprasport.

1UZFE%20airflow%20meter.jpg

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Ah okay. Is it a cap covering it? Where do you suggest the screw's position should be? Sorry I've been lazy I just haven't bothered messing with it at the moment.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Every car is different with air screw setting. The screw allows air to pass through AFM and it is not measured by the ECU. The o2 sensor will see and trim fuel accordingly. I would make note of in or out for better idle. Make sure you counts your turn so you can start off with what you started with. Turn 1/2 turn at at time and allow short time to compensate. Car should be up to operating temp before adjusting. IMO

Glad to see your car running. It sounds good.