RPM Gauge issues.

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
So on my 88t the RPM gauge has worked once since I've owned the car. And yesterday it actually came on again, but only for about a minute. I searched around and all I got was something about the IGF signal, and IIRC the m1 plug?

Can someone shed some light on this stuff?

Thanks

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Take your cluster out in the back of it it has these green sheet (Sorry don't know actual name) if the green sheet is riped than thats your problem.

If so changed it and it should work fine. when ripped and it touches it works fine.

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
yeah it doesn't work at all. I've looked around a lil bit, but everything seems in place. I checked everything when I started to do my swap.

the green sheet, like a circuit board sheet?

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
CPS works, I replaced it earlier this year with a known good working one. When I first got the car running (purchased non-running) it worked when I drove it to the muffler shop, after that, no longer worked. And sometimes it would come on, and sometimes it wouldn't

eh

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
dok33;1205850 said:
Tach signal comes from the CPS, might be good to make sure it's working properly too.

Ummm...wrong. The tachometer signal is generated by the igniter on the turbo motor.

Was this an NA to T swap?

Edit: I see this is a 2J-GTE on 7M electronics...is this a 7M-GTE igniter? And is the tach gauge from a 7M-GTE cluster?

You really need to provide more info vs assuming we all know what you've done to the car :3d_frown:

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
oh it's a 2jzge, powered by 7m electronics. Everything is from the 7m, ignitor included.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
ihiryu;1218552 said:
oh it's a 2jzge, powered by 7m electronics. Everything is from the 7m, ignitor included.

"7M" includes both the NA and turbo...if you can't provide specifics, there is no point in trying to help.

In this thread you say it's a 2JZ-GE to T...that is a turbo motor. What is it?
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86184

One more time...is this a NA or turbo tach and was the orginal car's comfiguration an NA or turbo?