Roundfinger's Refurb...making things right again

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Hrrmmmm i noticed that my charcoal canister is gone now. I need to check with the shop to see if they still have it as i'd like the EGR system in and working. IF not guess ill look for an alternative charcoal can to hide somewhere. Does anyone know if any other smaller ones will work.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
I may have to get up with you on a charcoal can.

So my cars check engine light isnt on...it hasnt been on.
Checked for codes and..... constant blink, this means no codes right? I didnt see any mention in the TSRM if there was no codes.

Still the engine sputters when revved at times.
I am planning on checking the TPS, CPS at least this week if time allows. I have some packing to do to move and my day off tomorrow got cancelled. :(

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Well the car is still breaking up around 3500+ rpms and throwing a lot of fuel. Its untuned and running a lex and 440's w/ the walbro and the ct2657. Soooo I just ordered the suprasport 550's and a new lipp intake adapter as well as a new k&N funnel filter. Also bought an safc from a local kid and am going to try to get the car to a guy in niceville that seems to do good work and know his stuff so this is the last shot...maybe next to last.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Taking the car to the mechanic again tomorrow, hes going to throw the aem wideband and safc's on it. I would put the 550's and the new intake and filter on it but they have YET to ship from suprasport still!!!! Lil ticked on that.

The shops going to redo the upper intercooler piping and kill the factory alarm too.

Hopefully that will take care of the breakup issue and i can drive the car more.

If that takes care of the drivability problem then ill go ahead and get the carpet replaced, finish the door inserts and rear inserts and work down the list of little things.

Proper stereo install - anyone know a good kit for this the scoshe kit sucked, just didnt fit right.
Replace door lock buttons inside. have in a bag.
install front bushings.
Get the tint redone.
Fix the odometer/tripometer - anyone have any experience with this? is it the worm gear or ???
Lots of little things.

Im just happy that this might fix it, if it doesnt im going to part or trade the summabitch.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
roundfinger;1251951 said:
Taking the car to the mechanic again tomorrow, hes going to throw the aem wideband and safc's on it. I would put the 550's and the new intake and filter on it but they have YET to ship from suprasport still!!!! Lil ticked on that.

The shops going to redo the upper intercooler piping and kill the factory alarm too.

Hopefully that will take care of the breakup issue and i can drive the car more.

If that takes care of the drivability problem then ill go ahead and get the carpet replaced, finish the door inserts and rear inserts and work down the list of little things.

Proper stereo install - anyone know a good kit for this the scoshe kit sucked, just didnt fit right.
Replace door lock buttons inside. have in a bag.
install front bushings.
Get the tint redone.
Fix the odometer/tripometer - anyone have any experience with this? is it the worm gear or ???
Lots of little things.

Im just happy that this might fix it, if it doesnt im going to part or trade the summabitch.

Art, sorry we havn't got your order out yet but we have had a lack of cores. I can ship the KNN and AFA out asap but everyone keeps saying they will send there cores in asap but don't.
SupraSport Custom 550cc Injectors
Cores: I will send my cores in asap!

As soon as they get in...hopefully tommorrow your order will ship out expressed.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Art, you're getting the new Suprasport FFIM? I will definitely be coming over to see that! I can help you with the 550's and SAFC if you want to hold off and save the money. Problem is, my tranny is out, and new clutch going in this weekend. Next weekend I have to work.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
ForcedTorque;1252088 said:
Art, you're getting the new Suprasport FFIM? I will definitely be coming over to see that! I can help you with the 550's and SAFC if you want to hold off and save the money. Problem is, my tranny is out, and new clutch going in this weekend. Next weekend I have to work.

LOL no no FFIM, im getting just a new filter and air filter adapter the filter and adapter that are on there are crap. I was going to be getting the 550's but since theyre so far behind i asked to cancel that part for now.

I have the car going to a mechanic to install the safc and aem and do a few other things as im so busy with work and other stuff that i have little time, plus im so so as a mechanic and less with electrical.

Mind you id LOVE to get the FFIM, but i just got engaged and im not sure where we re going to head with all of our cars.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
No worries, I sent the filter and adapter out earlier today, the injectors didn't show up today. I won't get the email until tommorrow but I'll get it taken care of for you tommorrow. We were not expecting the SS 550 to sell so fast.

Sorry for the delay on the SS550

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Well the supra isnt selling and i wont take less for it than ive went so shes staying around for now. PLUS the fiancee got a new job in one week, even tho its a big pay cut it will pay all her bills so i wont have to and its less hours and less stress so it will be for the better in the long run for all three of us.

That financial burden being lifted freed me to buy an SAFC II and am going to order a prosport wideband kit . I am going to try to tune it out with just the stock 440's for now. that will pretty much kill my current free Supra spending cash.

Except i want to order one of the carbon fiber block off plates too.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Hey MCP im on R850 ive been in a few of your threads. You get to keep yours or is it going to be sold still. did you see the one in Niceville that looks ALOT like yours except the body is all together and the engine is all apart?

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
Dude I have been a supra fan since the late 90's and I have waited for a Turbo Targa with a Manual trans and I have all that on the other hand I was hit with Wage Garnishments and a moved all in the same month. Things are tight right now but I am holding out on selling as I really do not want to let this car go.