Rough idle & hesistation

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
Hey whats up guys, my problem is my car wont idle right once it warms up after about a minute or two almost sounds like i have racing cams. then sometime while i drive i will stall out at a stop light but once i try to start it wont, it will crank and crank but wont start. Also the car has slight hesistation under particale throtle. I Check the codes and i have code 11. so can anybody give help me out here?

88SupraTurbo

Apr 17, 2005
code 11 is: Momentary interruption in power supply to ECU.

How is your battery? Mine was completly fried and i kept having to boost it and i ended up with a code 11. What kind of rpms are you getting at idle/ is the idle surging like from 450-550 or anything like that? Hows vacuum? This sounds way too much like my problem... which i havnt figured out yet.

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
88SupraTurbo said:
code 11 is: Momentary interruption in power supply to ECU.

How is your battery? Mine was completly fried and i kept having to boost it and i ended up with a code 11. What kind of rpms are you getting at idle/ is the idle surging like from 450-550 or anything like that? Hows vacuum? This sounds way too much like my problem... which i havnt figured out yet.

Well my battery is fine its a redtop optima battery so i doubt it that. my rpms are around 650-750 at idle, and it surges in that range. i dont think i have a vacumm leak, but i am going to check out my ISC tom and all my grounds tom.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
mate i have exactly the same problem yet my car starts straigtaway after stalling - car only stumble when going from low boost to vaccumm - still dont know what the problem is todate

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
gp-7mgte said:
Hey whats up guys, my problem is my car wont idle right once it warms up after about a minute or two almost sounds like i have racing cams. then sometime while i drive i will stall out at a stop light but once i try to start it wont, it will crank and crank but wont start. Also the car has slight hesistation under particale throtle. I Check the codes and i have code 11. so can anybody give help me out here?

It idles ok when cold? And the problem starts when warm/hot/operating temps?

Do you have any extra smoke that is black or dark?

bigboost7m

Apr 20, 2005
Center Line, MI
I had the same code, i checked the harness and everything, it was all good, i moved the the main fuse block around (under the hood) while the car was running and the problem went away, i reset the code and it hasnt come back yet. I think the wires are shorting out and such. Try that and see what happens.

hammerhead

Sep 10, 2005
Belize
starting problem afterward might be because it flooded during the stall. happened to me sometimes. In this case try to unplug the fuel pump and start. then plug the fuel pump back in.

88TurboMk3

Oct 10, 2005
Florida
disturbed1 said:
mate i have exactly the same problem yet my car starts straigtaway after stalling - car only stumble when going from low boost to vaccumm - still dont know what the problem is todate

omg I have the same prob as you too. When I'm driving its like fine, but when I try to slow down or stop my car will shut off. So I try to slow down and right befor I stop I have to rev a lil bit to keep it from shuting off. STRANGE :aigo:
we all have like the same pro someone help us :1zhelp:

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
Well i finally figured out what the problem was. i did a search on code 11 and people were saying that is is usually a loose ground, so today i checked and it was the ground underneath the intake maifold. the bolt was tight but the wires were loose, so i removed the bolt cleaned the wires and bolt and i finally got the car running right. its funny how much u can hate and love a car at the same time. while i was having these problems i hated the car soo much and now i drive it and now i dont know why i hated it in the frist place. well thanks for the help guys.

88TurboMk3

Oct 10, 2005
Florida
lagged said:
you can get the special tool at staples.
Yeah ok but whats the tool called. Or do I just
go in and say I need the tool...LOL :biglaugh:

EDIT: never mind its a paper clip lol got it...

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
88turbomk3, just use a paperclip. ;) check the link in my sig, below.

-shaeff

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Just today, I started getting the CEL coming on, whenever I come to a stop. Checked for codes, got a Code 11, and immediately checked the grounds that I could see in the engine bay.

Anyways, they all looked okay ('cept I forgot to check the 3 or 4 grounds that come into 1 connector near the fusebox)... I'll check that one later, but am fairly sure it's okay.

Seems like a loose wire, since it seems to lose contact when I come to a stop, then the light goes out when I begin to accelerate. Anyways, what gives!?!?!?! Arrrggghhhhh

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Anyone else find a fix for this? I did the once/twice-over last nite and found nothing wrong. Today, the light doesn't come on as often. I'm thinking I may have tinkered with some wiring enough to make it less often, but I'd still like to fix it for sure. Ideas!?!?!?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
check the grounds at the lower right side of the intake manifold, near the firewall.

-shaeff