bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
ROTM MAY was brought to you in part by

Jeff Will Receive a Cooleeze Upper Rad Pipe Valued at $90.00 USD
64_1_b.JPG

Thank you to everyone who submitted there ride for ROTM May. It was a tough call between so many great Supras.

Congratulations to Jeff for winning our Second ever ROTM.

The Competition is heating up.

Jeff knows his way around the Supra quite well. The ride that he has now, is the third Supra for Jeff. The First two were daily drivers. Jeff said "this is the first that isn't a daily driver, so I can take my time and do some fun things with it." Which allowed him to put some extra work and time into his car and make it the shining example of a Supra we see here

With out further ado...

ROTM MAY: JEFF WHITING

racinghartssmall.jpg

The Low Down
1991 Turbo Supra : The Red Dragon

The Specs:

miscenginepics1015xq.jpg

Engine Specifications:

7MGTE with 20k on the clock (64k on chassis)

Engine Misc.:
New Head and Block from Toyota when MHG done
HKS Metal Stopper HG
ARP Hardware

Turbocharger & Induction:
HKS Sport Turbo
HKS Intercooler w/ceramic coated pipes
Lexus AFM modification w/ SONIC airscrew
K&N FIPK

Fuel & Tuning:
RC Engineering 550cc matched and blueprinted injectors
Mazda Cosmo 3-rotor fuel pump
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator (w/digital FP Gague in cockpit)
ECU upgraded with Reg Reimer fuel maps, thus no need for piggy back fuel computer
AEM UEGO Wideband
HKS EVC EZ Boost Controller
NGK Plug Wires
NGK Iridiums (7 step)

Exhaust:
Full stainless RSR Cat back
Random Tech Hi-Flow Cat
HKS Downpipe
HKS hi-flow turbo elbow from Sport Turbo Kit

Suspension, wheels & tires:
Suspension Techniques front/rear sway bars
HKS TEMS Controller
Eibach Pro Springs on Tokiko Ill. II Struts
Racing Hart CR Wheels: 18/8.5 front, 18x9.5 rear (some pics are with stock suspension and old 16" wheels)

miscenginepics1193es.jpg

Interior:
Mint interior
Full custom stereo (rear seat replaced with amp/cd changer/sub cabinet
Polk Audio all around

GAUGES

HKS EGT
HKS Boost
Digital Fuel Pressure
Montigny Vf (TCSS)
AEM UEGO Wideband
Brakes:
AP Racing Big Brake front brakes
Brembo drilled in rear w/TRD pads
SS lines
Fluids:
Redline 10w-30 oil
Redline MT-90 in tranny
Redline 75w-90 in LSD
30% Toyota Red / Redline Water Wetter in radiator

Misc.
the turbo elbow, powersteering tank, valve covers, coil pack mounting plate, rear brake line heat shield, ISC and PCV lines and charcoal canister bracket I had ceramic coated. And I installed my AEM wideband, all new vac lines and couplers from hightempsilicone, as well as some clear front turn indicators.

miscenginepics1098ad.jpg

racinghartsside.jpg

Some words from Jeff

I got my first supra when I turned 16, an 86.5 NA with Kaminari aero kit and the car was flawless with a perfect metalic burgandy paint job. I had that car until sophmore year of college, when I got the turbo bug and bought a red 91T with only 60k on it at the time. I had that car sadly only 4 years when I got a BHG, and then sold it to the service manager at the toyota dealer because I had to have a working car immediately due to a move.... I still regret selling that car to this day. The car I currently own is "The Red Dragon" named that by my wife who thinks I am the real life version of "Frank the Tank" from the movie old school.

This is actaully the 1991 Turbo owned by Rob Carlile (the CRUZMSL), orginator along with Reg Reimer of the Lexus/550 upgrade. The crazy thing is that for years while I owned my first two supras, I would constantly go to Rob's page and admire the car and get ideas for modifications. When I saw the car listed on autotrader, I instantly recognized the picture of the car, called him, and owned it within the hour. I couldn't believe I had just bought the actual car that I had admired for so many years. I flew out to Alabama to get it, and drove it back with a friend (we actually went to far as to make t-shirts for the "Red Dragon Retrieval"). Rob had obviously done some amazing things with the car, but it had been sitting for years with only a couple hundred miles put on it, and the paint had serious oxidation/fading issues, engine bay was very dirty, etc....

Once in my care, I spent about 3 months researching paint restoration products and techniquies, found some german products I thought would do the job and then spent a ton of money and a good 100+ labor hours paintstakingly bringing the paint back to life. I know I spent one entire saturday on one half of the roof! But I think the results speak for themselves, it looks amazing now. The engine bay was also quite dirty, so I pretty much broke the entire engine down, cleaned it up by hand (no water was used), and had a bunch of stuff ceramic coated, put a bunch of new toyota parts all over the place, swapped out some of the aging upgrades for replacements, swapped out the suspension, new rims, new gauges, installed a wideband, tires, switched to all redline fluids, and a bunch of other little things and probably some big things slipping my mind right now all over the car to restore her to her former glory, and then some.

So there you have it, I'm a supra crazed maniac who fell in love with these cars early in life, and now I have a non daily driver to play with and baby, I love it.

Thanks again, I'm honored

Jeff

http://www.supramania.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=96

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Congrats Jeff!

Makes me feel good I was able to help with making that motor so nice lookin...you did a great job!

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Contgrats Jeff!

Truly stunning example of how beautiful the MKIII can be.

Keep up the good work!

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
clean, beautiful, does a good job of making red a beautiful color to use on cars...
i like it a lot, and it's one of the best i've ever.

you have just given me a goal to get a car as nice as yours, and a nice background image for my desktop, thanks!!

congrats!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I like that interior. I like the velour more than leather. It looks like new. And I like the mods. Nothing outrageous or frivilous. Definately a good choice.