RonnieK Front Subframe Bushings - Sleeve Play

HeWhoOvercomes

Vrooom VROOOM
Apr 23, 2011
The Corner of Happy & Healthy
Hey SM. I bought a set of RonnieK front and rear subframe bushings a while back, and the sleeves in the rear set fit snugly, whereas the sleeves in the front set are rather loose. It would seem that this could cause handling problems. Is this how the set was intended to be, or should I be concerned? Has anyone else had this much play when installing them?

[video=youtube;Q7MNRbUTGV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7MNRbUTGV0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks!

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
Hello,
Install the poly bush into the subframe and then try the steel sleeve.There wont be any play once install in subframe.

Cheers,
Ronnie

bandit1730

May 19, 2012
Miami FL 33181
Buying a yellow set from Ronnie and brought this tread to his attention. I also mentioned the sleeve length issue as I've read about it here on other SM threads.

Here is my email log with RK. I though I post it so other members with the same concerns could find answer to RK bushing questions.

Have read quite a few threads about the front set fitment. Basically, the reported problem is the sleeve being longer than required and also not wide enough causing a loose fitment. See recent Supramania post link below.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?183241-RonnieK-Front-Subframe-Bushings-Sleeve-Play

Is this something that has been corrected with a new bushing version?

Ronnie's response:

length is sorted now.

The loose fitment is not a issue at all.
I saw thread and replied to it.Once poly bush is install into subframe ,subframe squeezes bush inwards which provides nice tight fit on steel sleeve.
I would not install bushes with that much play in them.People's lives are at stake when I sell my bushes to them so yeah fitment shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
Ronnie

I did get prompt email response from RK (within 24 hrs). Have any doubts or questions??? email him at "ronio73@hotmail.com" and don't forget that all SM gurus do vouch for Ronnie.:naughty:

HeWhoOvercomes

Vrooom VROOOM
Apr 23, 2011
The Corner of Happy & Healthy
ronniek;1959038 said:
Hello,
Install the poly bush into the subframe and then try the steel sleeve.There wont be any play once install in subframe.

Cheers,
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie! Thanks for the response. I had suspected that the bushing would compress when installed in the frame; I just wanted to make sure. You do top-notch work, and the bushings themselves look great.

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
HeWhoOvercomes;1959159 said:
Hi Ronnie! Thanks for the response. I had suspected that the bushing would compress when installed in the frame; I just wanted to make sure. You do top-notch work, and the bushings themselves look great.

No worries,feel free to ask questions if you are concerned about anything.Keeps me on my toes too,hehe.
I had poly top hats for fronts made up and at the moment being shipped to supra owner to the U.S.A to be tried out.
But they are really expensive to make up so I have keep looking for cheaper way to make.

Cheers,
Ronnie

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
HeWhoOvercomes;1959161 said:
The rears don't need spacers, they're a two piece design. As for the front set, Ronnie recommends installing them with the stock spacers, or "top hats".

that sucks, those were the first thing i trashed while installing my DM spacers...bummer