Ridiculous 1000HP 7M Street MK3 Build

need new tires

rubber slinger
Nov 10, 2005
Dayton,Ohio
Clutch looks familiar..
I am looking forward to seeing how this performes, only thing I would suggest is an additional oil drain in the head but that is only if it is going to live at the higher rpms.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
He probably got his before last June? Or at least put the order in before they stopped doing them.
Beautiful engine, btw!
There's a 1j in my bay but I love seeing mean 7Ms.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yeah, I think he sent his in before mine. Ours were probably the last Jack will be doing, although Jack has my old one, so he may have a built one for sale. (Once he rebuilds the one I swapped)

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
Took 8 months for them to get to mine. They still build r154s if youre patient and can wait for parts etc. People kept complaining how it took forever so they took it off their site.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
but if you search you can still find the stage 3 kit and i'm sure if you call on a good day you'll get help.
My motor's finished so now i get to sink 3-4k into a twin disk and a rebuild myself (third is not the easiest gear to slip into and down shifting into first whines)
oh and then there's a diff that needs rebuilding......

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
So the plan is to fire this thing up in about a month. I think it's a reasonable goal. I have all the parts. Alot of powder coating, wiring and welding is still needed but it's gonna be doable.

mounted my racepak dash. still have to create a somewhat reasonable harness for it. I plan to use the old clock buttons to navigate through the racepak dash screens.

I also got my lazy ass up and did some crap I've been putting off. I really needed to check clearances for the oil pan. It looks like I won't need to cut anything so Im really happy.

I ordered another $2500 worth of parts. These are the last parts I need to order to get this thing running. This includes an ETS 5" intercooler, Tial 50mm BOV, pipe bends, magnafuel fuel pump, regulator and misc lines/fittings.

Stuff thats still left...

1. Send subframe, control arms and misc for powder coating
  2. Press in new nylon bushings into control arms
  3. Finish trimming crank scraper
  4. Install driftmotion upgraded oil pump and arizona hard line upgrade
  5. Final install of oil pan
  6. Button up engine accessories
  7. Remove W58, driveshaft, old intercooler, clean engine bay
  8. Mockup 5" ETS intercooler
  9. Swap 87 subframe with new 89+ powdercoated subframe
  10. Drop motor in
  11. Complete engine/body harness wiring
  12. Install new brake master cylinder, brake master upgrade
  13. Install sumped gas tank
  14. Mount Magnafuel pump, regulator, filters and lines
  15. Fabricate 3.5" exhaust
  16. Fabricate intercooler pipes 3" turbo -> ic -> 3.5" to throttle body
  17. Run all the vacuum lines
  18. Install koyo radiator and wire flex-a-lite fans
  19. Cross my fingers and turn the key

qLLkqY.jpg

dJW2Nn.jpg

YotaCrawler

Nov 17, 2012
Yuma AZ
When you say nylon bushings, why did you decide to use that material? I can't imagine it'll hold up to lateral shocks like poly would, unless it's a pure track car

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
very nice build. i'm looking for 1000hp myself here shortly. hopefully mine will be up and running in a few weeks. :)

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
Got the pan done. Heat dispersant ceramic exterior and oil shedding coating on the interior. Just need to swap the subframe then I can throw the motor in finally. Soo close but so far.

MOH2yV.jpg

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
The pan is Dooley Enterprises.

Not much for an update. Been distracted again with life. Got the intercooler and I tasked out all remaining work to get this pile of crap running. About 110 hrs of work remaining o_O.

c0XyKp.jpg

Also made a new trigger wheel design. I think I'm going to try this one instead of the 36 tooth. I made 6 of them if anyone wants one. Installed pics will come soon.

tmgdNZ.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Grandavi;2031530 said:
I'm wondering on yours, if you notice, did they silicone the bolts on the front plate? Mine were, had it redone properly at my shop and made sure it didn't leak prior to installation. Ran three tanks through the car (not quite) and changed the fluid. Was black with a lot of shiny specks. Cars parked with fresh trans lube in it. Planning on one more fluid change after 3000-5000 km. my second gear is fairly stiff. (Stage 3 build)

Can you point me to some more info on this, which bolts are you referring to and where does the silicon need to be applied