ridding afm some how

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I've read the MAFT thread so many times, I have it almost memorized by now. I needed to just so I could install mine!

Feel free to ask away here, we'll pull form this thread to recreate the MAFT FAQ thread.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Yo chris, I didn't mean put a 3.5 maf in front of the 3000 pipe cause yeah that would be dumb, I meant the 2.5 ones, as the reduction of only .25 would not be that bad, but I think the best option would be to get rid of the 3000 pipe for a larger 2.75 or 2.5 pipe like the suprasport kit offered. The maf would fit perfectly in that kit.
eric

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
im glad to see people interested in these. i think its a great concept. i dont care so much about the bov bit, mine didnt stall much anyway. the main reasons i wanted to go blow thru is so i could use a bigger intake and filter w/ zero restrictions, dont have to have the isc hose across the motor (can hook right before the throttle body instead of pre turbo) and if i blew off an ic pipe i can still drive and not be on the side of the road doing repairs.
like was said, id try to keep it as far away from the mani/turbo and wouldnt recommend putting it above the motor either. partially from heat but mostly b/c of the plug wires there. i like to keep my electronics as far from noise as i can. if you had ic piping that came thru the snorkel hole you could mount right before that b/w the snorkel hole and the bumper. would be protected from the elements, away from heat and noise, and a stealthy install.
if you did want to set up in draw thru id get one of those fat 85mm ones.
i have the complete list of cars you can get the maf from if anyone is interested.

dave

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
yeah, i gotcha. i was slightly confused about that previous statement.

i really want to do the MAFT too. itll work well w/ my FFI, twin entry rail, 550's and other BPU stuffs. but, the down side is going from 3.5" down to the 2.75" of the stock 7M TB. thats my only concern.

and i would do blow thru also, mainly because the Tial releases so much air, the car would stall constantly, unless i get an 11lb spring.