Reverse Lights

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
About 2 years ago I converted my supra to a manual. And I never got around to hooking up the reverse lights. Does anybody know how to hook them up?

CarNut87

Sep 29, 2005
North Carolina
i just did a manual swap as well and would'nt mind a little help with this, my 5 speed has a 2 wire plug coming out of it that i assume is for the lights but i have 2 plugs with like 12 wires total that went to the auto tranny

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
This is actually my 3rd transmission. 1st was an auto. the 2nd and 3rd are r154. I never had my antilock hooked up right until i did the 3rd trans. But now I just need my reverse lights

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
If you have to run two wires back from the transmission tot he plug it is the M1 plug.

The wires off of it are yellow which is the ( + ) side and the black/Red is the ( - ) side then your lights will work.

10pzwpx.jpg

This picture was out fo my '92 with a 5-speed. The B2 plug which is teh white plug on the auto surpa's has many wires coming from it. This is due to the fact that it is indeed a auto. On the 5-speed here the 2nd pciture you see there are not but 5 wires. Anyhow those are the plugs for you so you know what the M1 is.
2boeh3.jpg

Last edited:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
You should be able to just plug in at the tranny vs running additional wires. Both the auto and manual have the same type reverse switch. Might have to change the connector though.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
jdub;1327659 said:
You should be able to just plug in at the tranny vs running additional wires. Both the auto and manual have the same type reverse switch. Might have to change the connector though.

Yeah I was going to say the connector is different. I have both plugs the female and male, if you want them let me know. You pay shipped Ill just send them to you for free.