Replacing the 3000pipe with 2.5IC

TheRemedy

Sweeping the Streets
Nov 7, 2006
PA
The stock 3000 pipe has a roughly 1inch hose coming off the front left of it. If i replace this pipe with 2.5IC piping what do i do about that hose? just block off where it connects at the other end? anyone have a picture of theres?

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
TheRemedy said:
The stock 3000 pipe has a roughly 1inch hose coming off the front left of it. If i replace this pipe with 2.5IC piping what do i do about that hose? just block off where it connects at the other end? anyone have a picture of theres?

Bypass valve, you'll have to weld in a port if you plan on running the stock one. Or a flange if you plan on running an aftermarket BOV

TheRemedy

Sweeping the Streets
Nov 7, 2006
PA
I got IC piping with a BOV flange...so i can just get rid of all that stuff right? any pics so i can see what to cap off?

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
TheRemedy said:
I got IC piping with a BOV flange...so i can just get rid of all that stuff right? any pics so i can see what to cap off?

no pictures from me, but you take off your stock bypass valve, cap off the port on your accordian hose and the one on your 3000 pipe, and you're set.

edit: missed the "replacing 3000 pipe" part. just cap off the port on your accordian hose after removing the bypass valve.

Last edited:

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
With an aftermarket BOV, you don't need that port on the 3000 pipe. When I get around to eliminating my 3000 pipe, I'll have already gotten rid of the stock bypass valve in favor of an HKS SSQV, so I'm just going to get rid of it.

I know that the TB intake is 2.75" OD, so that's the largest OD pipe it's worth getting to replace the 3000 pipe.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
3" ID pipe is easy to find.... 2.75" ID is not so easy to find....

Just a thought. :)

And if you are running a vented to atmosphere BOV, and are still on the AFM, get ready for the backfires, and rough running... :) (Your venting metered air.. so the TCCS will add the fuel.. but the air will not be there.. BOOM goes your tailpipe..)

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
2.75" pipe isn't that hard to get...

Still, I have the 2.5" pipe myself. I'll probably eventually run that straight to the TB, and adapt it to the larger OD of the TB input. It'll still get rid of the small inlet to the 3000 pipe, so I think it's all good.

I'll be using the HKS SSQV myself, but with the recirculation fitting so that I can re-route the air back to the intake to avoid the backfiring and stumbling at shifts.