Replacement Radiator options

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Has anyone purchased the OEM replacement and regreted not going to an aluminium unit? Are those OEM still all steel units and if so what brands are recomended?

It looks like the Mishimoto is the best bang for the buck aluminum radiator, as Im not going to spend $400+ on a radiator, Are there any fitment issues or flawes to look out for?

Driftmotion has a replica, what all feedback has this been getting? Has anyone mounted it in their car to ensure fitment is ok?
http://www.driftmotion.com/MK3-Alum-Rad-p/dm2733.htm

I want to go to an aluminum radiator but do not want to brake the bank to do so.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
i have a cxracing one in my car. works very well, just like its supposed to. hasn't overheated since i blew my hg on my original radiator.

If yours is cracked, I have a good stock radiator i would be willing to sell.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Yes, my stock one just ruptured today. Im entertaining the possibility of upgrading to an aluminium one now, but only at a reasonable price, if not a nice OEM one will be fine. I might be PMing you Emerica if I decide to go that way. Thanks for the offer.

The cxracing one looks nice, were there any fitment issues?

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Its a tad too thick. Is a bit of a bear to install and remove if you have too. Thats about it. Im running a Mishimoto unit which is similar to the CX Racing

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
I have the replica driftmotion Al rad and it does not fit that well. I needed to modify my upper brackets along with my lower rad isolaters.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I'm running a used Fluidyne unit I bought years ago for like $300 I think. Fitment is perfect and not too large. Never have high engine temp even tho I'm running FAL fans and pushing almost 500whp. Even my ac condenser is completely impacted with sound deadener with no air flow (needs to be removed) and I never have any hi temp issues.

Gmelo30

Aug 7, 2012
Wappingers Falls, NY
I have a Mishimoto, and I know they used to have fitment issues but mine went in smoothly. The fan never comes close to hitting the radiator, and I bought mine for 250 off of ebay. I've had mine for almost a year and I have had no issues with over heating.