• R5104

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
Hey guys! so I need a replacement key made for my supra since I lost my only key:3d_frown:. So I know I need the code for the key. First thing I did was to call my toyota dealer to see if they could tell me the code from my VIN number. Unfortunately they said my car was too old and so they could not. So next I pull off the door panel to get at the lock so I can see the number. I found it, but the problem here is that it is completely illegible. I was hoping someone more familiar with these could help me out. I know for a fact the first character must be an R. The last character is clearly a 4.

So here are my top four guesses:
1. R6184
2. R6104
3. R5184
4. R5104

Making a set of keys is $40 so I don't really want to get this wrong.
So let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Kelson

P.s. I'm very tired and I apologizes if this doesn't make alot of sense

Attachments

• IMG_0022..JPG
    IMG_0022..JPG
    491.2 KB · Views: 94

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
Jeff Lange;1605636 said:
I'd also like to recommend you delete this thread when you've come to the conclusion you need. Don't want everyone knowing your key code.

Jeff

thats an excellent point. I figured I would be ok though since I wasn't planning on announcing what the right answer is and also the reason I need to know is that I'm moving on friday and I'm not going to say where I'm going:naughty:.

anyone else have a guess? I'm trying to find someone who knows about these codes and can tell my why it is a certain number and not just "well it looks to me like..."

Thanks

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
OneJArpus;1605727 said:
Just take the lock out and go to a locksmith. He can get you a new key in no time.... They prefer the p/s lock as it has less wear n tear. I did this when i lost my keys

Passenger side lock is the one with the code on it anyway...

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Agreed, it wouldn't be much work for the locksmith to cut a key based on the lock cylinder, not to mention he only has 4 choices, which you can look up and see which one looks right, cut it and go.

Also, I agree, it should be less than $40 to get one of each key code, IMO.

Jeff

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
How picky is your Supra? I have 3 Supra keys belonging to three different cars that will do different things for different cars...