Removing the Head Help

Mondo

May 26, 2009
Wisconsin
Dont got pictures handy but will take them if need be.

In the process of removing the head to change the gasket.

My problem is that I can not get the Last Plenum of the Intake off.(One attached to the head)

I believe the heater core inlet is attached to the intake, into the head, at the back by the firewall. Problem is all those bolts are blocked by a TON of crap.

Also, the fuel line going to the Fuel Rail, if i take the line off at the junction block under the intake, it keeps spewing gas. Will this stop or do i need to plug it somehow. The lines are all hard so i can vice grip it.

If you need pictures, let me know.

Sideways_bob

Banned
Jul 8, 2009
KY
You don't have to take the last part of the manifold off.

Just the top part. And you need to take the heater hose off the back of the head near the firewall.

The fuel line will stop spewing gas, unless the key is turned to IGN and the fuel pump is on.

Mondo

May 26, 2009
Wisconsin
p1374800_1.jpg

p1374800_2.jpg

Looks like it needs to come off.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Get the two nuts off and push the lower manifold to the side, if you remove the head with the manifold on it you have to put all those hoses and wires and stuff back through where they are supposed to go and it is a major PITA. It is possible to get the two nuts off, just takes some time and the right tools

Mondo

May 26, 2009
Wisconsin
Its ready to come out, just need to wait for all the gas to flow out or that line.

Thanks for the advice!

boostin300

Jul 23, 2009
Las vegas
Just hold that line facing up. If it keeps coming out, your vent line from your gas tank is blocked so the heat pressurizes the tank and gas keeps coming out. But the only reasons gas will keep coming on is because of the vent thing and if the fuel pump is on. Seeming that the fuel pump probably isn't on, there should not be THAT much gas coming out. Just take off your gas cap and open the lid for where you fill it up and that gas should stop coming out.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Let the cap off of the tank and open the flap if it is. Put a gerry can to catch what comes out and forget about it. That or plug it with something appropriate it.