removing 2JZGTE harness

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
My new 2JZ harness arrives tomorrow from Tweak'd, and I have no clue on how to remove the old harness. I am a former 7M owner so this 2JZ is new territory for me. If someone has any hints, or knows of an easy way to remove it I would appreciate it. I have no problem in getting the harness out of the cabin since I have the dash off right now. It is just getting it off the motor. Do I have to remove any parts? And also since parts might be coming off I should replace the gaskets for anything that I remove right? So if anyone has any spare gaskets for the upper intake side of the engine...... I have everything on the exhaust side and spark plugs removed....

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Unplug everything and unbolt the plastic piece on the intake. Injectors proly need to come ff as well.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
What I mean is the 7MGTE harness is pretty straight forward and you can access just about everything with no problem. Do I have to remove anything from this engine to get the harness off? I have no clue how to get it off the intake side of the house. Thansk for the really fast reply hvy

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Getting this finished hopefully this afternoon once I get out of work. So, MARIO......or anyone else that is local.....if you have a clue on how to remove that harness without taking off parts of the motor.....chime in please. Advice from anyone is helpful, and if you are local and can swing by that is even better.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I got most of it out but it seems to be crammed in between the firewall and the back of the intake. Exactly where the first bend is after it leaves the firewall. Everything else is disconnected. Rakkasan I will give you a call when I get out of work.

xXSupramanXx

Drifter
Mar 12, 2008
Dayton
I don't know just responding to what someone else said. Removing the throttle body would be a good idea tho. I did the same on mine

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Shouldn't be difficult at all. What "shouldn't" be, and what "is" though, are often different things. Did you get the harness off yet?

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
yeah sorry man, it is off and the new one is on but there are a few connectors that hvy is trying to help us out with and I have to reroute these vacuum lines.....damn PO didn't have hardly anything done right at the shop.